Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #1

Wildcat 29BHS Towing & other questions.

New to the forums. We just purchased a 2012 Wildcat 29BHS. Still being built in the factory. Hope to pick up in May. Still a little unclear on the towing. I plan on getting a WDH with swaybars. I will be pulling with a Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8. Will this be enough? Doing the calculations, it seems I will be ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Just looking for overall thoughts on this trailer. The quality seems to be their. We were really considering a Cougar with the same floorplan. Did we make the right choice? Yes I realize it's pretty subjective.

Any recommendations where to buy the WDH and from whom. What are the best brands? Reese?

Are people having good luck with the instant on demand hotwater heaters. That was a selling feature for my wife.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance.
Cswnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Site Team

with a GVWR of 7920lbs., i think that's well under the tow max of the 5.7 Tundra, so i think you're fine.
we just looked at a Wildcat made out on the west coast and it is very well made and we were very impressed.

as far as WDH, the Equal-i-zer and the Reese Dual-Cam are the top recommended ones for the price.
and the Prodigy is the top recommended brake controller for the price.

i have an Equal-i-zer and i love it. don't have to drill anything to install it, which i've heard that the Reese requires it.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #3

the Reese dual cam anti sway requires a couple of holes, the strightline WDH by itself does not.

I got mine online for around $600 delivered. There are 100 places online to buy it - mine come from CA, i forget from exactly who.

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks very much for the quick responses. I have never used a WDH since I am coming from a large coleman tent trailer.

The FR website says the dry hitch weight is 920#, so I am wondering what size WDH to buy?
Cswnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cswnow View Post
Thanks very much for the quick responses. I have never used a WDH since I am coming from a large coleman tent trailer.

The FR website says the dry hitch weight is 920#, so I am wondering what size WDH to buy?
You probably want #1200 bars
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
You probably want #1200 bars
x2
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing, toyota, tundra, wildcat