Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #1

Wildcat 312bhx

First time buyer. And,not a happy camper on factory response to problems.Wildcat,is missing alot of things,door in bedroom,electric outlets in bottom of closets in bedroom,wrong stickers on outside,no hitch helper cover,endless water heater,cutting board in sink,cranks for windows,and more that is most of it.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
Retired FF

Are you saying you're missing all the things you listed? Where did you buy the unit?, they should be able to address these issues for you & should have been caught on PDI. I'm interested to know because I have been looking online at that same model due to the very family friendly floor plan. However, there are none available to look at in person here in Florida

Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #3

It come from rv wholesalers and would not recommend them. Now that I got it home and found these issues they want me to take back to local dealer and have them fix the factory mess ups. Cant get any response from Rod Batts in warranty. I will never but another forest river product after this run around,been 4 weeks,and all they want to do is tare up my new camper for there issue is not my fualt.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #4

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
??? didnt you do a walk through ??. I cant believe that many things are wrong....that sucks. We came from NY and picked up our camper from RVW. They were very good at catching any problems..and went right with us during the PDI(Pre-delivery inspection). That should have caught all the things your talking about. - not good. We have been a fan of RVW and Forest River since !
Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Retired FF

As stated before, everything that you mention should have been found during the PDI. If so, then you shouldn't have accepted the trailer until all issues are resolved. Forest River makes a good product, but just as with anything else, some bad ones slip through (Friday build maybe?). Right now I would say that the onus rests with both you and RVW if a proper PDI was not done.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #6

After factory contacted me almosy everything was fixed,except what was changed during final release. Got the waterheater after factory said it was not their bill of sale to contact rv wholesalers. Still alot of things that should have been taken care of before I picked up unit,still should have left it their until everything was right. Just make sure everything is in your campers before you leave.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
Retired FF

Glad to hear things are working out for you. After you have gotten settled in and used it a little bit, please post your thoughts on the layout, and quality of the unit. I have been looking at the exact same unit online, but NO ONE in Florida has one of that model in stock. All the Wildcat dealers here have other models, but no 312 bhx's. If I decide on one, it will probably be from out of state & sight unseen except for the floorplan, and pictures. So any review you could do would be appreciated.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #8

The floorplan is great lots of room for kids,i have three plus three extras that like to go to.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
Retired FF

Thanks for the info on the room. I camp with my wife, 3 sometimes 4 grandchildren, and if the 4th comes, so do the parents. A lot of camper floorplans "sleep" 9-10, but they don't "live" 9-10. What I like about the 312 floorplan is the U-dinette, as well as the other dinette in the bunkroom. Plenty of space for everyone to eat together, as well as get away if need be. One quick question, on the pocket door that separates the bathroom from the master bedroom that goes against the slide out wardrobe/linen closet. Does it actually seal off and lock, or is there a gap where it mates up against the wardrobe? I can only go by pictures, and none of them have the doors closed. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #10

It butts up against warerobe slideout and leaves a gap on bottom,middle,and top.