Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #21

Any additional feedback on the 312 would be awesome! I think as soon as I sell my hybrid I will be ordering! Really trying to decide between getting the outside kitchen or not. Really like the outside kitchen, but also really like the BH with the table and storage door, Aghh, tough decision! Would love to have a slide in the BH that extends the other side
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #22

FWIW 6+ mos with our 312 and I have yet to use even the outdoor cooktop. But the bunkhouse table gets used every day.

For me if I want to cook outdoors I can buy stoves and cooktops to carry and use for that - so I can easier replicate the functionality of the outdoor kitchen if I didn't have it. Tougher to do the other way around - if you get the kitchen you're stuck with it. It would be tough to recover that space for the bunkhouse - although I suppose you could just grab some tents and have the kids sleep outdoors.
Boyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
FWIW 6+ mos with our 312 and I have yet to use even the outdoor cooktop. But the bunkhouse table gets used every day.

For me if I want to cook outdoors I can buy stoves and cooktops to carry and use for that - so I can easier replicate the functionality of the outdoor kitchen if I didn't have it. Tougher to do the other way around - if you get the kitchen you're stuck with it. It would be tough to recover that space for the bunkhouse - although I suppose you could just grab some tents and have the kids sleep outdoors.
Boyink - great feedback thanks! And that's what I was thinking, just by an electric grill or something. Also, it seems more light gets in with the lower windows on that side. Can you fit a 24" boys bike in that BH door, maybe even two?

And what is the headroom like in the front bedroom? I'm 6'4" ish and I only looked at the 312 once, like a year ago. Do you have one or two AC's, gets hot down here in FL, so I think two might be in order.

Oh yea, love the lack of graphics, we did the same thing on our hybrid! Will do it again. No peeling to worry about!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #24

Not sure on the bikes - we carry ours on the roof of the truck The door may be a little narrow for getting them in - it's not as wide as some of the doors I've seen on other models in that spot.

I'm 6'3" and can stand upright in the front bedroom. The barrel roof helps that quite a bit.

We bought the 50A upgrade and had a powered vent put in the front spot. So far the 1AC keeps up well and we've had days in the 90's (just left FL after 2 mos there).

The vent has been really helpful as our '14 model doesn't have a window on the driver's side. I think they were changing that for '15 and having a small window in the wardrobe slide.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
Not sure on the bikes - we carry ours on the roof of the truck The door may be a little narrow for getting them in - it's not as wide as some of the doors I've seen on other models in that spot.
I think we will probably get the pin mount rack from Arvika anyway, look like a good set-up but on the pricey side....
Old 04-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #26

I looked at that approach - but didn't see how I'd get 4 bikes there (with a shortbed truck) and wanted all 4 in one spot. I've a Yakima rack on the truck now that works well, although it is a 2-person job to get them up there. Nice part is we can drop the trailer and head off somewhere to go biking. I can also adapt the rack to other things - thought about 2 bikes and a kayak but ended up with inflatable kayaks instead. IIRC the Yakima solution was ~$1200 3 years ago...but I did buy the top-end bike rails as they looked easier to get the bikes into.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #27
Precise 1

We received confirmation this week that our 312 QBX has been built! We factory ordered 9 weeks ago and will pick up at the Montana / Canadian border crossing May 8th.
We have two girls and a third due in June. For us the extra dinette table was the hi light of this trailer. We camp with friends that have a bumper pull trailer with this layout and all the kids love doing crafts at the "kids table".
Was also able to add on the new Maxxis Tire option. Looking forward to our first trip out in 3 weeks.
Precise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precise1 View Post
We received confirmation this week that our 312 QBX has been built! We factory ordered 9 weeks ago and will pick up at the Montana / Canadian border crossing May 8th.
We have two girls and a third due in June. For us the extra dinette table was the hi light of this trailer. We camp with friends that have a bumper pull trailer with this layout and all the kids love doing crafts at the "kids table".
Was also able to add on the new Maxxis Tire option. Looking forward to our first trip out in 3 weeks.
What Is the Maxxis Tire option?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #29
Precise 1

All these trailers seem to come with the least expensive tires available. Wildcat has recently added Maxxis Tires to their option list. They are an upgraded trailer tire. Still not a LT tire, but an improvement over the typical factory imports. The upgrade cost us $323.00. You may also want to look at the level up system Wildcat now offers. In the end I chose not to go with it, but looks interesting.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #30

Quote:
All these trailers seem to come with the least expensive tires available. Wildcat has recently added Maxxis Tires to their option list. They are an upgraded trailer tire. Still not a LT tire, but an improvement over the typical factory imports. The upgrade cost us $323.00. You may also want to look at the level up system Wildcat now offers. In the end I chose not to go with it, but looks interesting.
thanks for the heads-up, def will add the maxxis. Will think about the level-up, not sure it's worth $1500???? And the paint package looks nice as well, but again pricey at $2250?? So many choices
Old 04-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #31
Precise 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_trainer View Post
thanks for the heads-up, def will add the maxxis. Will think about the level-up, not sure it's worth $1500???? And the paint package looks nice as well, but again pricey at $2250?? So many choices
I did order the Paint Package. I will post some pictures once we get it home. I am also interested to see if the paint is worth the price. Was not able to get any feedback on the paint from Wildcat owners. There may not be a lot of them out there yet.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #32

Quote:
I did order the Paint Package. I will post some pictures once we get it home. I am also interested to see if the paint is worth the price. Was not able to get any feedback on the paint from Wildcat owners. There may not be a lot of them out there yet.

I'm looking forward to your photos! I've just seen the one that Wildcat posted on their FB page. I have to admit, looks sweet! I'm so ready to get into a FW I'm ready to bust
Old 05-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #33

We can get 4 adult bikes is the rear. We just put one in at a time and move them to the living area then shut the door and stack them into the rear dinette area. And still have room for the dog crate to fit on the floor. You have to work the handle bars through as they will not fit straight in but it's no problem.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons View Post
We can get 4 adult bikes is the rear. We just put one in at a time and move them to the living area then shut the door and stack them into the rear dinette area. And still have room for the dog crate to fit on the floor. You have to work the handle bars through as they will not fit straight in but it's no problem.
Would love to see a photo! I think this what I was thinking, but hard for me to visualize I think we will probably go with the QBX and order this week (if the sale of the TT goes through).
Old 05-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #35
JAYCO Representative

This is what the optional platinum automotive paint package looks like:

I'll see if I can find an image of a smaller unit (like the 312QBX) with the partial paint -- I think it looks great!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #36

Thanks for the photo. I think we will opt for more functional options
Old 05-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #37

Just brought home our new 312bhx. Paint scheme is great and many extras built in compared to other brands. Can't wait to get it out! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1399427964.784113.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	51886
TTerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #38

Looks great. What options did you opt for and why?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #39

We didn't special order so we got what was there, but it has the outdoor kitchen, upgraded tires, rack on the back, keyless entry, etc. Definitely more bells and whistles than I would have ordered but the touchpad remote is the bomb. Just hope everything continues working the way it's supposed to!
TTerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #40

Thanks for the reply. I'm kind of picky so looks like we will order and wait the 8-12 weeks.

Tags
cat, wildcat