Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
Precise 1

Wildcat 312QBX

Hello,
New to this forum and looking for some feedback on the Wildcat 312 bunk model fifth wheels. We have recently sold our old fifth wheel and are seriously considering ordering a new Wildcat 312QBX. There are a couple new options that we are having difficulty deciding if worth the money. The main one is the new automotive paint option. Does anyone have a trailer with this option and do you feel it was worth the $3200 price tag? It looks like the stripes may still be vinyl? Hard to tell from pictures we have seen. Unfortunately there are no dealers here in western Canada stocking these units, so we are unable to view specifics and have to rely on internet / other's experiences.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 01-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #2

I haven't seen the new paint option in person. The photos I have seen do look very nice. Of course the 2014 Wildcat comes in a gelcoat finish now which is a far sight better finish than what the 2013 and back looks finished.

I personally would more than likely pass on the paint option, but then I am cheap...LOL. That being said my RV before our Wildcat was a National Pacifica motorhome with full body paint, stripes and all. But the thought of an option that would add over 10 percent to the bottom line of a sales contract for pretty and a very questionable return at the time of resale just wouldn't fit my purchase habits. Now that being said, if the wife saw the paint finish and it had been available we would more than likely have it....

I think Forest River has done some very nice things for the Wildcat coming into the 2014 model year. Looks as though they have targeted the Wildcat to rise up the model chain to a higher level 5th wheel product line taking it out of that mid level entry position. And they are doing a darn fine job of it.

Good Luck on your purchase.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It looks like the Wildcat may only be available to dealers in eastern part of the country. I'm not sure of the advantages of the full body paint over the standard gel coat. I do like the floorplan for the 312qbx.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #4

What's your goal for the different paint? Just to look different? To me it's the equivalent of a nice used car and you still end up with swoops. Have you considered ordering "graphics-delete" and designing your own look?

We did that and as it turned out are just going to stay with the "clean" look:

We've had the 312 for 3 months and have been happy with the floorplan.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post

Looks as though they have targeted the Wildcat to rise up the model chain to a higher level 5th wheel product line taking it out of that mid level entry position. .
I bought mine real close to dealer cost, as I saw the factory invoice (good friend gave me a peek) and I was now where close to a mid level...

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #6

I'm not talking priced as an upper mid level coach, but more appointed with standard and optional features. I think the Wildcat is a bang for the buck leader right now in the RV offerings.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #7

Has anybody actually laid eyes on this floor plan yet? or perhaps the 312BHX without the rear outside kitchen? I've seen a few pictures of the "kitchenette" that flips down just aft of the main entry door. There seems to be a plastic sink and a stove. But, does the sink have a drain?
It is really hard to tell from the photos I've seen online.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #8

We own the 312 w/o the outdoor kitchen. No, the sink doesn't have a drain. You can see some pictures on our blog at Getting Lucky Home | Lessons Learned | Our Travels | Boyinks4Adventure
Old 01-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #9

Didn't see any pics of the outside stove/sink. But, not a big deal...
Do you use it very often? Just wondering how useful a sink without a drain is? I can see using the faucet to fill a pot or something along those lines, but you'd have to carry the sink basin away and dump it after washing hands, etc...
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #10

We haven't used it yet - it's been too cold.

Tags
cat, wildcat