Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #1

Wildcat 327CK

My wife absolutely fell in love with this fifth wheel when we saw it at the Hershey Show in Pennsylvania. The floor plan was ideal and when she was happy I was happy. We picked up our Wildcat in early November 2012 and drove it home before taking it to Clermont, Florida for a short vacation during the winter. We thought this would be a good tester. The plan was to spend 3 weeks camping and head back home in Kentucky. While in Florida we had an electrical, plumbing, slide and believe it or not a heating issue. The kitchen pendant lights kept blowing bulbs no matter what we did. They would last for a day or two then out. The heat vent in the bedroom portion of the fifth wheel did not have any airflow coming out of the vent... Cold wife is an issue. The back slide on the kitchen slide failed to close completely when we moved on from our campsite while traveling south to Florida. The final straw for my wife was when she put the shower plug in to shave her legs and went to release the water by pulling the drain knob an explosion or what we have now since called a volcanic eruption of water released from the bathroom sink and soaked the ceiling and rest of the bathroom... This was not pleasant.

We took our Wildcat to Camping World to have the issues addressed and we ended up staying at Disney while they worked on all the issues. We would have rather been in the fifth wheel but we thought ok we are working out the kinks... However, that was a lot of kinks. We picked up our Wildcat a week later and everything seemed to be fine. We stayed one night in it while heading for home. Our next trip that we took was to Washington DC in Mid June. Our first campground stop we noticed that the slides did not go out in the normal order. We made a call and were assured that this was normal that sometimes the pressure of the hydrologic system had to equalize. Upon further inspection from both my wife and I we saw that the rear slide out on the door side was out fully in the back but towards the front where the table and chairs were my wife could put her arm all the way out ... No seal. We closed and opened again and this repeated process happened. On the second day the underbelly started leaking while I was taking a shower and a neighbor knocked on the door and told me we had sprung a leak. Great! I plugged the shower to stop any residual water from going in the tank and released all the water in the grey tanks. I waited till the leaking stopped then out of curiosity I filled the shower a couple inches then released the water to see if the leak was in the bottom of the tank or piping or somewhere... I am not a plumber so I was reaching on this one... Of course you can guess what happened... The volcano erupted again spraying the bathroom and me. Guess who is not happy now.

Since we were headed that way We decided to take our wildcat back to the dealer we bought it from in PA for repairs. We left it there while we continued on to DC for a week. They called me and told me that the gray water tank had been cracked during assembly and they had used silicone to repair it. It was only a matter of time before it was going to fail. To make matters worse Wildcat no longer makes that particular style of holding tank and they were going to have to retro fit a new tank in the old spot. The dealer put in a new tank, added a piece of pipe to help stop the volcanic explosion and realigned the slide and added additional sealing to make sure it was sealing at all points around the slide.

We picked it up from our dealer after he had tested and showed us everything was fixed. On the way home you can only guess what happened in the bathroom.

My wife and I have other small issues with our wildcat but they are small in comparison. We really love our floor plan ... But we feel we may have gotten a Lemon from the assembly line. My wife and I have talked and laughed about this on occasion... We have taken our fifth wheel on 2 camping trips from home and we have spent more time sleeping in a hotel than we have in our fifth wheel. I understand that there will be kinks and problems but this seems to be a bit much for 2 trips and multiple repairs. I am not sure what we are going to do but it looks like we may need to look for a new fiver.

Sixmax
Sixmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #2

Welcome to the world as Wildcat sees it. We to own a 327CK and like you love the floor plan but that's about it. Their total lack of QC in the manufacturing is the worst. We don't have any major problems yet but it's the little things caulking that looks like a three year old did it, to corners not square, rubber seals installed crooked, screws either broken off or set at the wrong angle, to the pocket door coming off the track the first week and the rubber roof not completely set flat. I forgot the broken dinning chair (bottom of the storage area cracked) from the factory. Doors with gouges here and there (hard to see till you start to wipe off the layer of factory dust left). I have said before I bought a project not a camper to relax in. We were looking at a Rockwood and should have bought it (owned by the same company but a different assembly line). Chris & Wendy
dona5779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #3

I am really disappointed. We had met with one of the manufacturers at the show and he really sold me on the quality workmanship of the Wildcat. We are still under warranty till November and I really would like to take it back to the original place it was constructed in Indiana to have them take a look at the problems and quality of work that went in this. Again, I realize this was a whole new designed floor plan and there will be kinks but a little quality control goes a long way. Much like you said with the little things you are experiencing... We did as well... You would think for the money we paid you would get something that was better put together.

I hate to come off as a complainer because I really try to look on the positive side of things... But money is money and I would like to get a product that works when I pay for it. We are looking at going on another trip soon and I hate to say it but, I have a feeling a we may end up in a hotel again.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #4

I am looking into a 327CK as well, and I am trying to evaluate if it is worth going for it. Any other thoughts?
hma9193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Campfire Master

We like ours. The slides would not close properly and that problem was fixed promptly by our dealer. A few other minor issues that I took care of myself.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #6

The floor plan is excellent for us. We really love that aspect of the fifth wheel. I am sure not all of this floor plan are experiencing the same problems we are ... But with that being said I also do not know that for a fact since this is the first design of this floor plan with the Wildcat. When we have been in and able to camp for the few days it has been good. The couch is a little questionable in its comfort at the turn where it L's. there seems to be a wooden rail there for support and when you are sitting on it... Well lets just say it is very uncomfortable. When that slide opens and closes the couch will pull pull from its position and roll the rug up (3 more inches of rug would have stopped that problem.). We have to lift the couch each time we open the slide to fix the rug which is already curling. The plumbing... Put water in the bathroom sink so that there is water in the u joint but leave the drain open... then fill the tub with about 2 to 3 inches of water then release the drain... See if it explodes out of the sink... If not then great!

The other things I have mentioned with the slides and electrical... I am not sure what to tell you other than make sure you check everything out.

We stayed at our dealers lot for 3 days to do that and had a few minor repairs before leaving. Then the next two trips out we started having the majors.

Use caution and make sure you check everything out... Don't be afraid to take it in while you can. The warranty only covers the first year if I am not mistaken. If we had it to do all over again.... I don't know... I think I really bought this one because my wife loved the plan and the wildcat rep really assured me I was getting a quality fifth wheel. The design is great... With a few fixes that need to be addressed in my opinion.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #7

Simax, do you have a 2013? Hopefully they worked out the bugs for the 2014 model.
hma9193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #8

We do have the 2013 and I would hope they have worked out the bugs for the 2014. Unfortunately, we got stuck with the bugs... lol.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #9

We have a 2014 or so title as such 327CK and it's got it's little problems as stated in this post and others. Just a lack of QC and not caring about what they are building. Maybe they forgot that for many it's our break from the rest of the world and it's troubles. Camping/RV and our RV's are supposed to relaxing not a
constant fixer upper, not for money we have paid. Chris & Wendy
Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #10

You are absolutely right. Still waiting for that enjoyment without having to take it in to the shop.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixmax View Post
We do have the 2013 and I would hope they have worked out the bugs for the 2014. Unfortunately, we got stuck with the bugs... lol.
Sixmax,

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with the 327CK. This relatively new model (just approaching it's first birthday) has been very popular this past year and I haven't heard the negative feedback mentioned here from other customers. Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN#, and the dealer you purchased from. I'll forward your information to Wildcat's warranty department for follow up!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dona5779 View Post
We have a 2014 or so title as such 327CK and it's got it's little problems as stated in this post and others. Just a lack of QC and not caring about what they are building. Maybe they forgot that for many it's our break from the rest of the world and it's troubles. Camping/RV and our RV's are supposed to relaxing not a
constant fixer upper, not for money we have paid. Chris & Wendy
Chris,

When you contacted me earlier, I don't remember hearing about any problems, just missing manual and remote (that you found). We absolutely understand that we're building a product you're using for vacations, relaxation, and family time! Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN#, and the dealer you purchased from with more info on your specific problems so I can have Wildcat's warranty department follow up with you!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Chris,

When you contacted me earlier, I don't remember hearing about any problems, just missing manual and remote (that you found). We absolutely understand that we're building a product you're using for vacations, relaxation, and family time! Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN#, and the dealer you purchased from with more info on your specific problems so I can have Wildcat's warranty department follow up with you!
Chris, At the time those were the issues that have been solved (I found the remote and your CS stated does not come with screws). But with that said I don't have any outstanding problems at this time other then the lack of workmanship. Screws either not correctly installed or broken off with another placed next to it, caulking not meeting the sides or at the end of the run and while the roof membrane is tight it was not completely adhered to deck (bubbles) not a real problem for me as I am not running at high speeds all over the country plus I rolled out as many bubbles as I could. The pocket door has on the first run, the rear runner bracket has come out of the door (I will be removing and repairing) I so far have not had any non working systems but just the lack of finish or improper/sloppy installation techniques. Other then all the above, We like the trailer great floor plan and nice. Chris & Wendy
Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #14

Sorry did not mean to send a post out... Then had to edit because I did not know how to delete it... Rookie mistake.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #15

Angry 2013 Wildcat 327CK...more problems than you know!

Warning...DO NOT BUY! We purchased our Wildcat 327CK the middle of May 2013 after we fell in love with the floor plan. We have had nothing but one problem after another. After delivery we came across at least 15 somewhat minor items in need of repair of which many still have not been repaired. Immediately thereafter, bigger problems arose and have continued to do so. Besides the problem with the sofa not moving with the slide out and damaging the backside of the sofa and the cabinetry along side it due to poor design, the rear stabilizer motor did not work at all and needed to be replaced, the end cabinet door on kitchen sink cabinet is not aligned properly and unusable, one of the front door hinges completely blew out causing need for replacement of the whole door, and now cracks in the fiberglass due to inadequate building materials as studs in the walls. They have not issued a recall for this. Current owners...keep an eye out for cracks above the back end of the rear slide outs. We're being told it is due to them using an aluminum stud in each of the side walls. New RV shoppers...pass on the 2013's, and be sure to inquire to make sure these issues have been addressed on the 2014's. Mind you we have only owned the RV for 2 1/2 months!
ktmpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #16

2015 wildcat 327ck

Love the layout of the wildcat but after paying the big price for it found it to be poor craftsmanship
Kymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymark View Post
Love the layout of the wildcat but after paying the big price for it found it to be poor craftsmanship
My thoughts exactly! We bought the Wildcat 327CK because we fell in love with the layout, but cannot believe the poor craftsmanship, even after returning the unit to the plant! They obviously take no pride in their work!
ktmpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #18

we have a 2015 327ck and so far have had only minor problems we have been on 3 week long trips and just returned from 5 weeks to sd@wyo about 4800 miles so far we are pretty well satisfied maybe the problems you've had with the 2013 14 have all been solved sure hope so good luck jim @diane hill
jim r hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #19

I got a 2015 327ck in February and I had a loud slide on the door side
and they, Camping World, did an adjustment and all is well. I can only
hope that they got all of the kinks fixed?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Campfire Master

I spent the last two days trying to get the oxidation off the front cap. Top half of the cap is white, the bottom is grey. it's only 2 years old, it looks like it's been sitting in the sun for 15 years....

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote