Old 09-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4traveling View Post
do not take me wrong. We love the layout, we do not like the cracks in a new product. It is hard for me to accept a new RV that has defects in main structure. I just hope that Forest Rivers stands by there product and I do not get a repair job that is a patch on a new RV. There are two more wildcat purchased in the family with no issues but were later models. Maybe ( wildcat Chris) can give some input on quaility of 327 CK. I also was told there is a call back on awning with a broken bolt that will shear off.
I'm sorry to hear of your issues. I assure you that Forest River DOES stand by our product. I'm unaware of ANY structural issues with the 327CK floor plan -- but I will address your concerns with production, engineering, and our service department tomorrow at our staff meeting. Please send me a private message with your VIN# and personal contact information and I'll have one of our service representatives contact you directly.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Wildcat does not have any awnings that were subject to the recall which were not serviced before ever leaving our production facility.

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
I noticed that there have been some changes to this model on the website and some of the specs are shown as TBA. The list of features and options show a number as "new". Too bad the pictures are still of the old model. Will have to keep checking the website to see when it is fully updated.
One of the options is a dropframe chassis which should provide more storage in the basement but it doesn't state which model this applies to. Does anyone know if this applies to the 327.
Hope they have worked the bugs out of this model as it is on our short list when we upgrade.
The newest version of the 327CK being built today features our new, exclusive drop-frame chassis. Currently, both the Wildcat 327CK and 333MK are being built this way. The new frame manufacturer is Norco and their RV division is called BAL. You can find out more information about them here: BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry We are still using Lippert frames on a few other models (313RE, 317RL, and 344QB) but have started our transition to the NXG (eXtraLite) and NXG2 (Wildcat) lines of frames (automotive electro-coated HSLA sheet steel, computer-designed and laser cut, formed or die stamped, and assembled with locking huck bolts vs. welding) for future production. Very cool next generation RV assembly...

The 327CK continues to be a top seller for us and I strongly believe the "bugs" ARE worked out! Other standard changes include a revision to the bathroom (50" x 30" shower with seat), a larger bedroom slide (fits optional Serta king bed or standard 60" x 80" with nightstands), pre-wiring for rear view camera, upgraded docking center (with water heater bypass, winterzation kit, battery disconnect, etc.) and new high-gloss gel coat exterior. There's also a number of new options available. Pics on the corporate web site will come soon!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #13

4traveling...Minor issues here and there are to be expected in anything you purchase, but a major defect is the main structure is another thing! Nothing like buying a brand new unit to only wind up with a rebuilt unit in a matter of months. A major disappointment!!!

Yes, there is a recall on the awning. Fortunately, our unit was not included in the recall. You can call Dometic and they will verify if your unit is part of the recall. Have you scheduled your repair?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVid View Post
The other side of the coin. No problems with ours, we love it.

John
John,

Thanks for providing the other side of the coin. I know it's often easier (and human nature) to complain about what is wrong, but I really appreciate your positive post! We've sold so many of this floor plan in the year that it's been out and I know the majority of satisfied customers remain silent.

On the flip of that... if you are having an issue with your Wildcat 327CK, please send me a private message with the VIN# and your complete contact information so I can have a Forest River service representative assist you!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The newest version of the 327CK being built today features our new, exclusive drop-frame chassis. Currently, both the Wildcat 327CK and 333MK are being built this way. The new frame manufacturer is Norco and their RV division is called BAL. You can find out more information about them here: BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry We are still using Lippert frames on a few other models (313RE, 317RL, and 344QB) but have started our transition to the NXG (eXtraLite) and NXG2 (Wildcat) lines of frames (automotive electro-coated HSLA sheet steel, computer-designed and laser cut, formed or die stamped, and assembled with locking huck bolts vs. welding) for future production. Very cool next generation RV assembly...

The 327CK continues to be a top seller for us and I strongly believe the "bugs" ARE worked out! Other standard changes include a revision to the bathroom (50" x 30" shower with seat), a larger bedroom slide (fits optional Serta king bed or standard 60" x 80" with nightstands), pre-wiring for rear view camera, upgraded docking center (with water heater bypass, winterzation kit, battery disconnect, etc.) and new high-gloss gel coat exterior. There's also a number of new options available. Pics on the corporate web site will come soon!
Updated floor plan drawing!

Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #16

To the comment that Wildcat Chris has made "The 327CK continues to be a top seller for us and I strongly believe the "bugs" ARE worked out!" What does Forest River plan to do for the people that bought one of the units that has "BUGS" in it. We paid the same amount of money for ours that someone that got one that has no issues so explain to me why we have to settle with a substandard unit.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #17

I agree. There were more than 12 items wrong with our 2014. I do not think they have solved their QC issues. Had ours for 3 months and all the issues are not fixed.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliceSnow View Post
To the comment that Wildcat Chris has made "The 327CK continues to be a top seller for us and I strongly believe the "bugs" ARE worked out!" What does Forest River plan to do for the people that bought one of the units that has "BUGS" in it. We paid the same amount of money for ours that someone that got one that has no issues so explain to me why we have to settle with a substandard unit.
The word "bugs" is in quotes because I was quoting another member's post. We do not build product with "bugs" built in, but there is ALWAYS room for correction when we find issues...

If you've got problems with your Wildcat, please send me a private message with your complete contact information, VIN#, and Wildcat dealer and I'll forward it on to my service team!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #19

I'm picking up my 327ck on Monday I know there are good and bad but where are the cracking issues at so I can inspect this coach better does anyone have pictures? This is my first new fw so I'm nervous that I will miss things right away at delivery that can be corrected. Thanks for any info!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress411 View Post
I'm picking up my 327ck on Monday I know there are good and bad but where are the cracking issues at so I can inspect this coach better does anyone have pictures? This is my first new fw so I'm nervous that I will miss things right away at delivery that can be corrected. Thanks for any info!
The cracks appeared after only 3 short road trips in the very back above the living room slide outs on each side of the RV. Unfortunately, it's not an easy correction. The sidewalls and slide outs have to be completely removed from the Rv for the repair to be made Good luck!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3592062890.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	42415   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3414089974.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	42416