Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #1

wildcat 327CK living room slide issues

We bought our CK back in September and love the layout, it is actually the perfect camper for us. BUT we have had many issues out of the main slides ever since we bought it. the two opposing slides seem to clash, the curb side slide seems to work great but the slide that has the kitchen and "L" shaped sofa has a hard time. It has never lined up right from purchase, the dealer was able to get it almost right but it was still off kilter a little at the back.

This past weekend I found the little white strip under the slide had came loose (this is the plastic ramp that the slide rides up on the first few inches when coming in) it was actually hanging under the slide. I removed it thinking that if the slide did come in that it would drag the ground, (there was only one screw holding it in, it came from the factory with one in each end) so now I have to jack up one end to get the slide to come in. Its at the dealer waiting to be repaired now, I am guessing that they will have to remove the slide and replace the piece and that kinda scares me a little, but I hope they can get it back in there right.

but on to the question has anybody had any issues with this slide and if so what did they do to resolve the issue.

thanks in advance for all your help and replies
blugrasbaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #2

slid issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugrasbaseman View Post
We bought our CK back in September and love the layout, it is actually the perfect camper for us. BUT we have had many issues out of the main slides ever since we bought it. the two opposing slides seem to clash, the curb side slide seems to work great but the slide that has the kitchen and "L" shaped sofa has a hard time. It has never lined up right from purchase, the dealer was able to get it almost right but it was still off kilter a little at the back.

This past weekend I found the little white strip under the slide had came loose (this is the plastic ramp that the slide rides up on the first few inches when coming in) it was actually hanging under the slide. I removed it thinking that if the slide did come in that it would drag the ground, (there was only one screw holding it in, it came from the factory with one in each end) so now I have to jack up one end to get the slide to come in. Its at the dealer waiting to be repaired now, I am guessing that they will have to remove the slide and replace the piece and that kinda scares me a little, but I hope they can get it back in there right.

but on to the question has anybody had any issues with this slide and if so what did they do to resolve the issue.

thanks in advance for all your help and replies
Our slide issue happened the day we took the 24 foot Wildcat home. It did not go out all the way. Dealer had to reinforce the slide brackets and had a machine shop replace the angle iron with a thicker gage. and install gusset onto the adjustment plate, works fine now and is good and even.

Brandon 2
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #3

I'm thinking they will have to reinforce this one also, the vertical plate is bent and it connects to a very thin piece of sqare tubing. I'm kinda hoping WildcatChris will chime in with some ideas to pass on the dealer

thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugrasbaseman View Post
I'm thinking they will have to reinforce this one also, the vertical plate is bent and it connects to a very thin piece of sqare tubing. I'm kinda hoping WildcatChris will chime in with some ideas to pass on the dealer

thanks
If you'd like help, please send me a private message with your complete contact information, Wildcat VIN#, and name of the dealer you purchased from!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #5

Wardrobe slide 295RSX

Recently took delivery of new 295RSX. A lot of the condensation run-off from the bedroom a/c finds its way onto the top of the open wardrobe slide. After a full day of use we noticed water pooling inside under one corner of this slide in the bedroom and in the left slide of the storage basement just below it. Unit is back at the dealer to fix this and a surprisingly small handful of other new camper issues, but I'm wondering if the other slides will leak as well when tested by a good rain. This is our first 5th wheel and love it....so far.

gw
Green Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #6

We just bought a 312BHX from a dealer in Nashville part way through our 3 week trip through AR, TN, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, and TX. We're on day three camping in it and have had two days where it rained for 30 minutes or so each day. Our bathroom floor has been soaked both times due to the wardrobe slide leaking, from what I can tell at the lower right corner. We just have to deal with it for the rest of this trip, but it'll be going to our dealer in Houston for repair as soon as we get home, along with a couple other, comparitively minor, issues.
ShadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #7

We had a similar leak on our 295RSX caused by an incomplete seal on the lower portion of the slide, which has since been repaired. However, on the last trip, which entailed driving in very heavy rain, we discovered that the permanently attached carpet strip in front of the home theatre seating/dinette slide was soaked. Appears to be coming up through the wheel well on the right side during the drive. We left the slide open for a day and then dried the strip with a hair dryer before closing up. Waiting for a 'slot time' with the dealer to get it fixed. Otherwise, all other systems performed as advertised.

gw
Old 07-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
Recently took delivery of new 295RSX. A lot of the condensation run-off from the bedroom a/c finds its way onto the top of the open wardrobe slide. After a full day of use we noticed water pooling inside under one corner of this slide in the bedroom and in the left slide of the storage basement just below it. Unit is back at the dealer to fix this and a surprisingly small handful of other new camper issues, but I'm wondering if the other slides will leak as well when tested by a good rain. This is our first 5th wheel and love it....so far.

gw
Please post how this gets fixed....we have the same issue. I used a pool noodle as a downspout to route the condensate from the bedrom AC unit past the top of the slide so it would no longer leak inside the bedroom.

2015 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX
2015 Ford F-350 4x4 SRW SWB PSD
NOLE-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #9

Dealer found that the seal at the bottom of the slide had a 10" gap in it. Consequently, the runoff went down the open side and funneled into the bedroom at the bottom. They replaced the seal and, so far, it's ok ( spent a full day in very heavy rain). We have another slide leak that we discovered after driving in heay rain which appears to be coming up through the wheel well on the right side. Still waiting on this one. Good luck with yours.

gw.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #10

I am also having the same issue with the kitchen couch slide out not going in all the way. I have called the dealer and begged and pleaded but they tell me they are booked until October. We just bought it this year and have had nothing but problems with it, it's a 2013 327ck it spent months at the factory to have the delamination fixed above that slide I'm sure the factory had to remove that slide. I never had problems with it until they "fixed it". So now the wife and I have a camper I'm afraid to tow because the rear corner of my back slide has a 2" gap from being all the way closed. I'm also worried about water getting in with the crack. So if it's getting wet will forest river fix water damage under warranty since the dealer is making me wait months to get it fixed? This has been a problem since late June.
Cress411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress411 View Post
I am also having the same issue with the kitchen couch slide out not going in all the way. I have called the dealer and begged and pleaded but they tell me they are booked until October. We just bought it this year and have had nothing but problems with it, it's a 2013 327ck it spent months at the factory to have the delamination fixed above that slide I'm sure the factory had to remove that slide. I never had problems with it until they "fixed it". So now the wife and I have a camper I'm afraid to tow because the rear corner of my back slide has a 2" gap from being all the way closed. I'm also worried about water getting in with the crack. So if it's getting wet will forest river fix water damage under warranty since the dealer is making me wait months to get it fixed? This has been a problem since late June.

Any suggestions?
Cress411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress411 View Post
My 2014 327ck kitchen/couch slide had the same problem with a inch gap between the gasket and the wall when closed. We called our dealer about it and they fixed it the next time I was driving past them. It took about one hour to fix. They had to realign the gears on the bottom of the slide. One side was a notch off that kept it from going in straight.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
Dealer found that the seal at the bottom of the slide had a 10" gap in it. Consequently, the runoff went down the open side and funneled into the bedroom at the bottom. They replaced the seal and, so far, it's ok ( spent a full day in very heavy rain). We have another slide leak that we discovered after driving in heay rain which appears to be coming up through the wheel well on the right side. Still waiting on this one. Good luck with yours.
As an update to my post above, while driving home on our trip I mentioned above, we went through a very heavy downpour in Louisiana and had the same issue with the carpet in our slide being soaked when we got home.

We also have a LOT of fit and finish issues with our trailer. The wall between the living area and the bunkroom is severely bowed out, the side panel of the cabinet by the fridge has popped out and bowed, our black tank doesn't completely close so every time we get to a campground and take the cap off we get the stink-eye from neighbors as we dump a couple gallons of black water that has accumulated in pipe since our last dump, LED party lights on the front flicker, and a bunch of minor issues. I'm pretty disappointed in the QC at Forest River. This is my first FR 5th, but I've had 8 other RVs from apparently much better quality manufacturers (NuWa, Jayco, Keystone, etc), as I've never had this many problems with an RV over years of use, much less in only a few weeks of occasional use.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #14

I have an appt. with my dealer to fix some of the issues my 327ck. first the opposing slides clash when you bring the slides in, so much that the floor of the dinette/recliner slide is busted and that's getting replaced (whole floor replacement), they are now attaching the couch and "L" shape return to the slide floor and adding rollers to the return, and "jacking it up" and little so that it doesn't interfere with the opposing slide. they are also replacing the slide facia on the bedroom slide since its bent. My couch slide is lined up perfect right now in the "IN" position (flush on outside) but when its out there is a gap at the back, on the inside that you can stick your hand in, and they don't know it yet but they will fix that while they have it also. I am bringing it in after labor day and they say they will have it back to me in 3 weeks. They are also painting the front cap since its already fading, and its not even a year old. I will let you all know the outcome when I get it back.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #15

UPDATE!!

I haven't pick up the camper yet. the dealer has replaced the slide floor, fastened the sofa down to the floor and added rollers to it so that it doesn't drag on the floor anymore, and painted the front cap, but some of the decals weren't ordered or missed from the first order, but that is not the big issue, they are going to send it back to the factory to have the entire drivers side of the camper replaced, they found a crack in the side wall when repairing the front cap that's not visible from the ground. So they will apply all of the decals when they replace the side wall and replace the LED lights on the front cap that cracked when they removed them for paint.

my question for those of you who have had to send yours back to the factory, is what to expect, should I put together a punch list of small issues for them to look at also? or will they go over it with a fine tooth comb? I have heard of them adding on some options that either weren't available or weren't ordered on the unit from the factory. They are going to pick it up at the dealer in December and have it back to me in 3 to 4 weeks.

any advise on this would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #16

Let me know how it goes. I am having slide issues as well on our 312RE. I had a 42 page list of things complete with pics. The bottom boards on both rear slide outs is chipped in the corners and the large slide is bowed.

It's been back to the dealer twice now (currently there). I didn't even unload it this time. The rollers sound like a good idea. If rears were built like the bedroom slides it would probably cure it. My slide was moving in and out at the top when cornering last trip out.

I am kind of looking forward to getting it back and actually making it mine.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, roo, slide, wildcat