Old 06-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #1

Wildcat 344QB wheel well fender panel

I need a little help.

Our fender panel on the drivers side of the trailer on the main slide out had always appears to be flapping in the wind when driving. On the last trip, the back part of the panel became detached and started flapping in the wind. We pulled over, taped it to the side and made it to a rest stop one mile away. After getting there we had to take the rest of the panel off because we still had 800 more miles to drive. When I took it off I noticed that it really was only attached in the four corners and the entire length of the panel wasn’t attached to any part of the frame. On the passenger side it appears that the fender panel is attached to another piece of metal that is attached to the frame. Not so on the drivers side.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be some sort of backing plate to secure the fender panel to the frame?

Thanks!

Bluewrx272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Not a Wildcat but my fender skirt is attached to the frame are by two small brackets BUT most of the skirt is backed with a rough cut our of sheet metal that is poorly cut just under the size of the skirt for rear strength.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wheel, wildcat