Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #1

Wildcat build quality? Is the Wildcat FW tank secure?

Since I don't have a local dealer I may be asking alot of questions that seem obvious. I just read on another forum of a problem with a sagging FW tank on a 2007 Wildcat. In the post it was noted that a dealer said that the tank should not have much water in it when traveling That sounds crazy! If that is the case I would be in trouble. We dry camp alot, sometimes far from accessable water. I always fill the tank in our 2001 Terry TT to the max and have never had to tighten anything and it is tight as the day we bought it. I certainly would not consider a Wildcat or any other 5er that if that were true. Anyone heard of such a thing?? Can anyone steer me to site that fully covers the construction of the Forest River line. We travel alot of bumpy dirt roads so I need something that will hold together for the long haul! Thanks!!
sjturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #2

I always fill mine the last time I used the trailer we came down I5 and they were working on paving it I got stuck in the lane that had drops of 6" and then back up 6" boy did we get a beating for about 60 miles when I got home checked everything out and water tank was just fine. no wose for wear still full of water when I got it home did not tear out of frame or anything else.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
JAYCO Representative

I do not know of any current or ongoing issues regarding holding tanks on Wildcats. I do know that some people have done modifications to older Wildcats -- I'm a member of that other forum you mention. I'll get you some specific information on the build quality and how the tank is secured from engineering and production next week. Hope this will help!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote