Old 07-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #1

Wildcat contact information

Does anyone have the most recent up to date contact information for Wildcat in Elkhart IN?

Looking for name and number for warranty and service assistance. Last time I needed assistance I worked with Chris (Wildcat Chris) who is now at Jayco and Brian Knight who I believe has moved over to the motorized division of FR.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

My latest contact.

Dan Dobecki

Towable Warranty Manager

Cardinal/Blue Ridge/Wildcat

Forest River INC.

55135 C.R. 1

Elkhart, IN 46514

Phone: 574-206-7600

Fax: 574-206-2484

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

A few months ago it was Mike Haile, 574-206-7607. FR offered to take it back to the factory for repairs but we just had no faith in the unit, period, and got rid of it. But please, don't mention me.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
A few months ago it was Mike Haile, 574-206-7607. FR offered to take it back to the factory for repairs but we just had no faith in the unit, period, and got rid of it. But please, don't mention me.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

It seems that these contacts a lot. Dan has been around since last fall and I had contact with him in May. Good luck.
ps. Dan had my 327ck rebuilt last October and did a great job.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #6

Thanks for all the replies. With the number of different contact names I received I tried another approach, I called the main phone number and asked who was the Wildcat Warranty Manager and his phone number. Then I asked to operator if she would be so kind as to transfer my call.

Jeff Hood was not available so I left a message along with the last 7 digits of my VIN. About 2 hours later Jeff did return my call to discuss my Wildcat. He had taken the time to pull up the history of my 5th wheel and had it with him during our conversation which was nice.

After we purchased it in Dec of 2013 we had a problem with the sidewall starting to crack at the corner of a rear slide out. We delivered the trailer to Elkhart in July of 2014 where the entire side was removed some structural wall bracing was installed and a new side panel and decals were then reattached.

Over this last weekend I extended this same slide out and noticed that the wall was beginning to once again crack in the same location. So I was looking for a contact to see of Forest River may offer some "Good Will Gesture" as to correcting this situation.

Jeff asked if I would please forward a couple of photos which I did. Now I am in a waiting period to see if Forest River/Wildcat will step up to the plate and offer assistance.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #7

Is your unit a 2014 327CK? I ask because that's what we had with so many issues. I suspected the frame was inadequate for the size of the unit and was sagging, at least at the outriggers, since the floor became uneven side to side, and we could see that telegraph to a rear side to side countertop. It had not affected the sides so no cracking. I have to say that FR stepped up to return it to the factory, although we tried to have them buy it back, and it appears they did try to repair yours at the factory. I do not get warm fuzzies from Keystone owners that Keystone would do the same if we had problems with our new FW. At this point I think you're doing the right thing by trying the "good will" route with FR. We had gotten them to agree to extend our warranty out one more year from the date of repairs; assume you got the same.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #8

Wanted to come back and update my post. I did hear back from Jeff Hood (Wildcat Warranty Manager) this afternoon. From looking at my service history and my latest issue he said it would require my Wildcat to be returned and corrected at the Elkhart Service Center for some structural support and reskin of the unit.

I want to make note that this is not a warranty covered repair as my warranty has expired. This is a gesture of "Good Will" by a company that backs their product and does support their customer.

All too often we read negative post one after another. We hear about the company not standing up to help their customers above and beyond warranty limits. But, I want to let others know that Jeff and Forest River has shown me nothing but positive support since the day we purchased out Wildcat. Matter of fact we received great customer service before we purchased out Wildcat. Chris (Wildcat Chris) contacted me a number of times to help with questions we had about the brand and model we were looking at purchasing sight unseen 1,100 miles away.

And while Chris is not longer a Forest River associate, the customer care and service is as strong as ever.

Forest River has made a life long customer out of me.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
Old 07-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #9

I have a FW from another company which, as initially confirmed by the dealer, had and has a original defect. That company refused to do anything as de warranty had expired a few months before. My next unit will be a Forest River.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiroule View Post
I have a FW from another company which, as initially confirmed by the dealer, had and has a original defect. That company refused to do anything as de warranty had expired a few months before. My next unit will be a Forest River.
All of my warranty experiences have been well received and handled by Wildcat. Matter of fact, I was impressed by Wildcat before our purchase. It's not often that the national sales manager will contact you to see if there is any questions you may have about the product. Wildcat Chris did just that and made a very big impression with us....enough to buy anyway.

Our latest problem does kind of fall back on the original issue we had. I was concerned due to being two years out of warranty, but Wildcat is stepping up to the plate. They are working with our schedule, as we are theirs and our Cat will be going back to the factory in either Sept or Nov to be corrected.

Their actions have been very much appreciated. Far too many stories of various RV manufactures declining customer warranty and service issues. We have been very impressed and have in turn been telling others who are RV'ers or shopping for their first or next RV of how we have been treated. Many of whom seem surprised to hear such positive feedback about an RV manufacturer.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5

Tags
cat, wildcat