Old 09-28-2015, 10:03 PM   #11
Now a "Top Member"

I have a Curt Q20 slider, and have never really needed the slider, even in my current truck (6.5' F-250). That being said, the upgrade to a slider wasn't really that much more in terms of cost, so if you can, get it. PEACE OF MIND!! But remember, the slider is heavier too. Man is it heavy. But I've had it for almost 6 years and it's been trouble free.

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #12
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I like and own the Andersen Ultimate. See my dig below.

Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #13

Just bought that exact unit ... love it! Also have 6 1/2' bed bought pullrite slider ... easiest thing I have ever had to hookup and tow! My recommendation is get 5th wheel and slider, you wont regret it
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #14

I have a RAM with a shortbed and a A B&W Companion Slider, I can almost get 90degs with my 295rsx but it gives me piece of mind to know I have it if I need it.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:55 AM   #15

I just ordered a wildcat maxx 312bhx and am also looking at different 5th wheel hitches. The dealer is selling me a pullright super glide automatic slider. But I have doing allot of reading and think that I am going to go with a trailer saver bd3 air hitch. It is much more expensive but I think it will be a better choice for me. The rep at the company told me that the nose of the trailer is designed for short bed trucks and that I may not even need the slider. It is $500 more to order the slider for that hitch. I have a buddy that is a full timer and has had two short bed trucks and has never used his slider.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMCpig View Post
I just ordered a wildcat maxx 312bhx and am also looking at different 5th wheel hitches. The dealer is selling me a pullright super glide automatic slider. But I have doing allot of reading and think that I am going to go with a trailer saver bd3 air hitch. It is much more expensive but I think it will be a better choice for me. The rep at the company told me that the nose of the trailer is designed for short bed trucks and that I may not even need the slider. It is $500 more to order the slider for that hitch. I have a buddy that is a full timer and has had two short bed trucks and has never used his slider.
Thanks for the heads up. Will be looking at other options beyond the Husky thanks to all the god feedback from the forum!
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #17

Air ride hitch is mandatory like a 2nd AC. You will wish you had it and not know how much you was missing.

I have a slider. Haven't had to use it but probably should have when moving another camper but they were the spotter.

This coming year I will get the 2nd AC finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #18

Have a pull rite since 2010 would not have anything different. With the normal maintenance we have never had any issues.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #19

I did also order the second a/c on my wildcat maxx. Update on my hitch choice... I am getting a comfort ride hitch model 214. It was created by the inventor of the Hensley trailersaver that I was going to get. The comfort ride was sold to the current owner Rick. It is basically an updated version of the trailersaver BD3 and uses air cels instead of air bags as well as having a higher tow rating. The hitch head is also very well built. It is pretty much like a Binkley head. Take a look at the website Comfort Ride Hitch - 5th Wheel Air Ride Custom Hitch, Custom Truck And Rv Hitches, Truck Body Parts there is a good video. I am also getting the mounting kit that will work with Ram, Ford, and Chevy/GMC. It can be placed in different positions so that you won't need a slider. If you don't have the OEM under bed system they sell some rails that will do the same thing and fit in standard rails. If you call Rick he will take the time to answer and explain any questions you have.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #20

Take a look at the "Anderson ultimate 5th wheel connection" I have been using a Reese slider for years and it has been very good but the slider has play in it causing "chucking' on rough roads. It also weighs over 150 lbs and is hard for me to remove from my truck even with a lift. I have been researching the Anderson hitches and will probably buy one for myself next year. Best price I found was Amazon. Good luck and you will love the fifth wheel pulling compared to a tag along.

Tags
cat, hitch, wildcat