Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #1

Smile Wildcat? Midlevel or Entry

I was wondering about the quality of this line. I am in the market for one of the Bunk House models in this line, but don't know much about them. I am looking for advise and opinions on quality, construction, how they are doing after owning one for any length of time, or just general opinions about this product.
Lizard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #2

They are as good as any mid entry remember the out side skin on the low enders are mostley metal not even the spray fiberglass bonded skin higher end are gelcoated fiberglass and are heavy as well as more $$$$ hope this helps Forest River are good as any in My book I have a Cedar Creek not the high end but getting there ...Watch for the deals this time of year dealers want to sell .....Bush
Bushman512003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #3

Lizard333, also look for quality features like self-igniting water heaters, also gas or electric W.H. operation, power awning, and power tongue jack, torsion self- lube axles, gas and electric fridge, etc. Usually, the low end campers are pretty obvious when you go in them. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

I would say mid-level. I love mine. So far there have been only very minor issues with it, nothing critical, and it seems to be holding up very well. My biggest complaint so far is the tires. They are some Chinese knock-off that I can't even find information on. Nothing. I have no idea about warranty on them. I plan on changing them as soon as I can. But they have actually held up well so far (knocking on wood!!).
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #5

I have had a WC for a year now with no real problems. It's a good mid-level Rig. Good Bang for the buck. I would check the sbs axles they have some problems , But they are warranty change out if you have a problem.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #6

Had my Wildcat for almost a year and no complaints. Had some minor things done following our shake down first trip. I would agree you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Wildcat line.
Good luck with your choice of which ever trailer you decide on.....

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #7

I find Forest River Products (trailers) someplace between middle of the line and low quality. I have looked at a lot of trailers and even though I have had a lot of issues with my 2011 Rockwood its still better than a lot of units out there. The interior seems to be built a bit more rugged than other manufacturers. When we were shopping last year to replace our 2001 shamrock we went to a lot of dealers to check out quality, some of the other trailers we looked at on a rainy day had water leaks and some the dinnete benches and cabinet doors were falling appart. For the money you get a lot with Forest River trailers and I have had great help with the waranty department sending me parts to repair my unit. Would I buy another Forest River, probably. Would I complain about the problems again, problably.. In a nut shell you are towing and bouncing your house down the road, expect things to break.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #8

Thanks all for the replies. My wife and I are just starting our search and we like the floor plans. We appreciate your insight. We now have something to start looking at. It is a lot to take in at first.
Lizard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #9

We bought a wildcat--nice traler but it has a leak (from new) that my dealer cannot fix with many attempts. The dealer has had our trailer now for two months on his lot and still can not find leak.
What does one do-- very frustrating!
stir11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #10

Just got a new 2011 wildcat 29 and having come from 2 motor homes and 3 trailers prior, it seems to be a good rig for the price. No major issues yet and a good service group at Santa Rosa RV in Santa Rosa CA.
bounderlong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildcat