Old 09-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #11
Originally Posted by JohnVtx View Post
Sure thing 2,450 mile round trip with fuel and food. My math likes my repair.
I like your repair! I also think that having to go to Goshen and hope you can catch the sympathy of a factory rep is ridiculous. Why can't they give you the same consideration without having to travel to that one rally. Pisses me off Why do they have regional reps?

I fought with FR for years when my front cap faded after owning 6 months. They payed to buff it once, that was it. I asked for paint, NO. I even asked for a discount to trade it in on a lighter color... no dice. So now I de-oxidize and wax about every 4 months. My entire rig is gray... so it's a chore and I'm on my third buffer I'm about fed up with it, even though I love the rest of the 32RL! I thought about paint, but it's the entire rig. Unfortunately I don't have covered parking and live in the sunny southwest. Not a good combo for these gray rigs.

Enjoy your rig... Looks great!

Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
About a year after purchasing our used 2013 28RKX, I noticed some fading. By the time I figured out the front cap was gel coat and not paint, it was too late. Just finished wet sanding 800/1500, rubbing out, polishing and waxing. Now looks great, but will have to wax at least 2 times/year. I also removed the Wildcat decal, but left the stripes, looks a lot better. Still hard to believe they used gel coat which requires a huge amount of maintenance.

2006 Dodge 2500 5.9 diesel
2013 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
dgraham is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, wildcat