Old 05-20-2014, 04:02 PM   #1

Wildcat Problem, now what?

Well not really a problem, or at least not much of one anyway.

Got our initial shake down trip done a month or so ago. Just got back from a 6 night trip as of this after noon.

Now the problem is where to go next.....Texas Coast, Texas Hill Country, Branson, Mo, Smokey Mountains, Rocky Mountain High, CO?

Too many choices, to make it an easy choice. Now that's not a bad problem to have come to think of it!!!!!

FWIW, really love our floor plan and Wildcat living. The wife keeps getting upset with me for keeping it too cold in the RV, but I figure if the 2 ac will do it, why not go for it. At least I know I can still get her attention after 33 years of marriage.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
JAYCO Representative

This is the best Wildcat problem I've ever heard!

I'd head for the Rockies! Wildcats like the mountains this time of year!

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Campfire Master

We just returned from our Memorial Day weekend trip. Had the use of a golf cart to take rides around the campground. By Saturday afternoon, there were 7 Wildcats there. Never seen that many before in one place.

John
Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

On our last outing a week ago, we camped across from a couple who were full timing in their Wildcat. He was asking me when Wildcat started offering 50amp service because back when he ordered his in order to get 2 ac units powered they had to run a separate power cord down for the second ac unit and then plug it into the 115 power outlet in addition to the 30amp trailer service.

I told him he would be very surprised at how far Wildcat has advanced in just the last couple of years.

I know the more we use ours the more impressed I am.

Chris, we had looked into doing Colorado and was very surprised how quick many of the campgrounds had already book up. Many due to seasonal campers who rent by the month and take the better sites offering 50amp service.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #5

If you don't mind state campgrounds with electric only or national forrest campgrounds mostly boondock there are spots to be had. We will be heading up this weekend to a nice place on the Poudre river but it is dry camping. Next weekend another national campground with electric only.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #6

If you to Colorado, don't take the turnpikes around Denver. When you get home you might get a bill for about $3 per mile travelled depending on the time of use. The toll fees are poorly displayed, especially if you travel during poor visibility conditions.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #7

Avoid e470 the most expensive toll road in America per mile ....'charge with photo billing and per axle ...

Tags
cat, wildcat