Old 02-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #1

Wildcat Quality

I was initially drawn to the idea of a Wildcat 334BH. I like the moveable island, the second bathroom, the water capacity, the bedroom, the bike rack and many other things about it.

But a salesman steered me away from the model saying that they had more trouble with people not liking their Wildcats upon receiving them than with other models. He said they even request a larger deposit for Wildcats as a result of a history of customer dissatisfaction. Things often seem cheaply made or put together to some customers.

Does this accord with your experience? Another salesmen, who introduced me to the Wildcat, said it's the most popular fifth wheel in its class and has many features, like water capacity, that are top of its class.

I know they're both salesmen with their own agendas, . . . .

Old 02-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSabbatical View Post
I was initially drawn to the idea of a Wildcat 334BH. I like the moveable island, the second bathroom, the water capacity, the bedroom, the bike rack and many other things about it.

But a salesman steered me away from the model saying that they had more trouble with people not liking their Wildcats upon receiving them than with other models. He said they even request a larger deposit for Wildcats as a result of a history of customer dissatisfaction. Things often seem cheaply made or put together to some customers.

Does this accord with your experience? Another salesmen, who introduced me to the Wildcat, said it's the most popular fifth wheel in its class and has many features, like water capacity, that are top of its class.

I know they're both salesmen with their own agendas, . . . .
My first few posts here were my "bad-mouthing" the quality of my 2015 Wildcat. It didn't take me long to be educated that I was helping no one with my complaints. I did/do have what seems to me to be a too-long punch list......... BUT I love the trailer and wouldn't give it back to my dealership or F.R. even if they asked me. Tank capacities, radiant barrier, front nose design, internal space, appearance, added features all contribute to my love for the rig. Granted it's in the shop right now in an attempt to correct a leak in the wardrobe slide. Progress on the leak has been made on about 3 attempts. A few other things are being corrected. My wife's most telling quote came this summer when she said, "I just love this trailer except for all the things that are wrong with it." That list is really short now and my dealership's new service manager is speeding up the progress.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #3

I really liked the layout and overall appearance of our 313RE. I hated all the things that where wrong with it. I don't think that it was ever looked at before it left the factory from a quality control viewpoint. After 7 months at the dealer they bought it back and I moved to a Cedar Creek Silverback. Everyone was happier all the way around. I am not bashing them, I really wish ours would have been put together right.

Do a search there are several threads addressing this issue.

Salt.

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
We have a wildcat 282 RKX which we ordered in January 2014 and picked up in March of the same year. This is our first camper of any kind and we have been very satisfied with it.

The only two problems we have had with it were very minor, a stair rail to the bedroom not in a stud and the frame around the bathroom fan not correctly installed. Both problems taken care of within 10 minutes at the frog rally in Goshen last summer. Being a 2015 model it was to have a four step entry but ours came with only three. This was also corrected at the Goshen rally.

After attending the Hershey RV show last fall we decided we'd like to see the Wildcat factory. I made a call to the factory and they were very accommodating getting us see what goes on. Our personal factory tour was so up close and personal I thought I should've punched a time clock.

On our way back to Ohio my wife and I decided we were going to order a wildcat but wanted to wait till later in the year. We ordered toward the end of January and I our Cat was delivered to the dealership mid March. 2 inch side walls, large tank capacities and carrying capacity were the selling points for us.
2014 CR-V EX-L w/Nav & Blue Ox & Ready Brute Elite

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #5

we love our 2012 344QB but lots of growing pains getting it road ready, the dealer fixed everything that was wrong but the brakes which I replaced the entire wiring from the pin box back to the magnets with Mil spec wiring, Would I get another one?? don`t know but prob would lean to, no..

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, quality, wildcat