Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #1

Wildcat Sterling

Does anyone know if Wildcat is doing away with the Streling Edition? I could not find it listed on the website any longer.
aujmr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #2

I believe that they made the Sterling features standard now on all Wildcats eliminating the need for a separate model.
johnthecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #3

But the floorplans are different on the wildcats vs. wildcat sterling.
aujmr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Carroll&Anne

We just bought a Sterling Edition 2012 back in Aug. And have looked at a few 2013 models on the Internet.
carroll Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aujmr1970 View Post
But the floorplans are different on the wildcats vs. wildcat sterling.
Looks to me like they have simply changed the name to "Wildcat Maxx". If you go here Wildcat Maxx Fifth Wheel Floorplans by Forest River
you will find the old "Sterling" floorplans and model numbers now listed as "Wildcat Maxx" models - same old model numbers , as well. I didn't bother to compare standard features and optional features tho.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #6

Wildcat Maxx are the west coast models only.
johnthecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Wildcat Sterling Edition has been discontinued

Wildcat's Sterling Edition production in Elkhart, IN, has ceased as of late this fall. This was not based on sales volume or popularity of the feature set, but rather on production efficiencies and continuity for the entire Wildcat product. Many of the features that were included in the Sterling Edition and the Touring Edition packages (upgrades like colored caps and skirts, Corian® countertops, 16" custom aluminum wheels, 8 cu. ft. refrigerators, LED lighting, 10 gallon DSI gas/elec. water heaters, etc.) have indeed been made standard across the entire Wildcat line. In fact, Wildcat's list of standard items has grown significantly based on the popularity of upgrades on our recent "limited edition" (Sterling and Touring) production runs!

The Sterling Edition was always set up as an upgrade package to the existing Wildcat build -- basically a standardization of a luxury package. Wildcat floor plans got a somewhat different name as a Sterling Edition to further set them apart, although they were the exact same floor plan with an upgraded build:
Wildcat 293MK = Sterling Edition 29MK
Wildcat 302RL = Sterling Edition 30RL
Wildcat 322RK = Sterling Edition 32RK
Wildcat 313RE = Sterling Edition 32RL
Wildcat 323QB = Sterling Edition 32QB
Wildcat 344QB = Sterling Edition 34QB
Wildcat 353LS = Sterling Edition 35LS

This by no means implies that the there will never again be alternate upgrade packages available through Wildcat. We're still open to the idea and will gather feedback from our customers and dealers to determine the next step!

Wildcat MAXX refers to West Coast (Oregon production) units only. Although their "Slate Edition" units have the exterior looks of the recently discontinued Sterling Edition, they have their own specific build -- see details here:
Wildcat Maxx Fifth Wheels by Forest River

There are still Wildcat Sterling Edition units available through a number of Wildcat dealers in both the US and Canada -- please feel free to send me a private message if you're searching for a specific floor plan and I can help locate it for you!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #8

I must say that I am most disappointed that the Sterling line has been eradicated !!!! I fell in love with the Sterling RK32 at the St. Louis RV show in January 2011 and talked my husband into purchasing one in April 2012. He was not totally convinced it was the best fifth wheel for us, but after a few weekends of camping, he decided I really knew what I was talking about!! But now, with Wildcat discontinuing the line, he thinks they must have not been very popular and that there must be something wrong with it!! Thanks a lot Wildcat!! I, on the other hand, am still convinced it is a great fifth wheel and will not be led to believe otherwise.... Which brings me to ask.... What was the reasoning behind this decision?? I know you are saying it was to streamline production but there isn't a bedroom setup like ours even available.... Which I thought was a forward thinking floorplan since there are no other manufacturers offering anything close to it. I am most grateful I pushed to buy this unit when I did and an hoping it does not turn into an epic fail. BTW, just got back from the Indianapolis RV Expo and did not see ANY Wildcats there...... which seems odd since they are manufactured IN Indiana.....again, a disappointment!!
CampinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Site Team

we too, were impressed with the 32RK.
but after considering our future retirement and that we may be rainbirding(like snowbirding but leaving Western Washington during the same months), a W/D option looks to be an important thing.
so, we're looking hard at the Columbus line, which we feel is as good as the Wildcat Sterlings if not a little better.
the Wildcat Sterlings are a fine 5th wheel and a great rig for the price, though.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #10

As I'm considering a Wildcat I found these post very informative. Yes already looking after a year with a Hybrid.

Really liked the Wildcat 323QB = Sterling Edition 32QB, but really leaning towards a 312BHX.
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote