Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellio47 View Post
The tankless hot water system takes a little getting used to. Replaced the shower head with a high flow shower head to get better flow. Had PLENTY of hot water. The dealer told us not to use the cold water when using hot water - "just turn the hot water UP and the temperature will drop". NOT SO!!!!! We had to turn on some cold water just to keep from burning our skin off. I've read some posts by people complaining about the tankless hot water system. I had my doubts too. But now that I have had a chance to actually use on - I'm here to tell you that is the only way to go!
Make sure you turn the switch under the kitchen sink to "Auto" and not "low". We had problems controlling the hot and cold for several days before I had to break down and read the manual. Once set to Auto, it worked the way it was supposed to with just the hot water knob.

Congrats on the new rig.
Whineberry
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
Now a "Top Member"

Ahh, Austin. My Dad lives there, and I know a few RVers in the area. AGain, welcome.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #23

Congratulations on the Sterling! Team Wildcat appreciates your business. Happy camping and safe travels.

Team Wildcat
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #24

This is very helpful, thank you. I will buy a vacation market 5th wheel in the next year or two, and the Wildcat Sterling is on my list of possibles. I like to soak a bad back in a hot shower so the workability of the Sterling's tankless hot water heater is a big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whineberry View Post
Make sure you turn the switch under the kitchen sink to "Auto" and not "low". We had problems controlling the hot and cold for several days before I had to break down and read the manual. Once set to Auto, it worked the way it was supposed to with just the hot water knob.

Congrats on the new rig.
Whineberry
Tom_Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #25

We just purchased the Wildcat 282rk, a smaller version of the Sterling. The hot water takes some getting use to but I think we are really going to like it. We had a Surveyor before. I really like the room in the bedroom of ours although it is not as big as the Sterling and without fireplace and chair. The rear kitchen is great. Lots of living space.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellio47 View Post
We're in Austin. The FR forum helped us make our final decision on what we wanted when we were looking to buy and I look forward to helping others.
Kellio47,
We live in Austin also and are looking at the Sterling. Where did you get yours? What do you pull it with? We are pulling our current trailer with a Forg F250, I'm guessing that would be adequate for the 30 foot Sterling.
Perhaps when we get back to Austin we could chat and or see your trailer.
Shootsalot
Shootsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
JAYCO Representative

All Wildcat Sterling Edition models can be towed by a 3/4 ton truck like Ford's F250.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #28

I purchased our Wildcat Sterling from ExploreUSA in Kyle. I have been VERY pleased with their after-sale service. The people there are great and the service department is 2nd to none!

I pull our Sterling with a Chevy 2500 HD, 6.6L diesel. Whatever you do be sure you buy a 3/4 ton truck - you'll thank me later. When towing the trailer, I typically cruise at 67 MPH and average 11 MPG no-wind, 12-14 MPG WITH the wind, and 8-10 MPG AGAINST the wind (were're talking about a 30-35MPH wind).

I could easily tow it at 70 MPH but the miles per gallon drops to 7.5 MPG or lower. Since I've had the trailer, I've met a lot of people towing a similar trailer with an F250 Ford or Chevy 2500 gasoline powered truck. They have all expressed displeasure with the gasoline mileage and power. One woman said when they go up a hill their miles per gallon gage reads ZERO!

I'm no fan of Dodge trucks (I'm sure that will make me a lot of fans). I've test driven several Dodges and personally I think there is a reason there are so many on them on used car lots. I would recommend an F250 Ford diesel or a Chevy 2500 diesel if you are serious about pulling and don't want to run into trouble down the road.

Sorry for being so late in replying to your email, but we just got back from Ruidosa where the highs during the day were in the upper 60's and the lows were in the lower 50's. Got a chance to use the furnace and it worked great. The fake fireplace heater worked even better. It throws out enough heat to heat the entire trailer.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I can't promise my "opinions" are any better than anyone else's but if there is one peace of advise I could give you it's - keep asking questions!
kellio47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #29
JAYCO Representative

Smile Wildcat Sterling Edition 30RL

Just got some images back from a photo and video shoot we did at Bonneville Mill in Bristol, IN. This one of a Wildcat Sterling Edition 30RL was so pretty I had to share...

Old 10-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #30

You sound like a proud father. Looks good and matches the truck to boot.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #31

Looks great!
My wife and I are in process of buying the 29 RK here in Texas. Maybe we will see you on the road!
Shootsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #32
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootsalot View Post
Looks great!
My wife and I are in process of buying the 29 RK here in Texas. Maybe we will see you on the road!
Please post a photo when you've got a chance!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #33

Does anyone know if a fantastic fan (or similar fan ) is standard equipment on the WC Sterling?? If so is this installed in the bathroom??

Thanks
bhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #34
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhill View Post
Does anyone know if a fantastic fan (or similar fan ) is standard equipment on the WC Sterling?? If so is this installed in the bathroom??

Thanks
A bathroom fan is standard equipment on the Wildcat Sterling Edition!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #35

It sure does look good Whineberry.
Good Luck.
1970 Restored Cushman Trackster
Olratlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #36
Site Team

Whineberry, just found the Sterling 32RK model and it looks great. it seems to meet all our needs for a semi full-timing rig.
do you have any real-world weights?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #37
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Whineberry, just found the Sterling 32RK model and it looks great. it seems to meet all our needs for a semi full-timing rig.
do you have any real-world weights?
Since the Sterling Edition series has so many features built in, the weights we take at the factory tend to be very close to the listed weights on our web site (32RK = 9,209 lbs. dry weight).

See this page for more:
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...hoice=sterling
Old 12-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #38
JAYCO Representative

Every standard Wildcat floor plan is now available to be upgraded to the Sterling Edition build package. This doesn't include eXtraLite fifth wheels or travel trailers, but all other models can be upgraded to our highest feature package.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #39
JAYCO Representative

The new Wildcat Sterling Edition 35LS floor plan has just been posted on our web site:

We'll be updating all the other pertinent info ASAP! And there's some photos up on the Wildcat Facebook page as well:
Wildcat 353LS | Facebook
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #40

The Sterling 35LS is certainly a unique floorplan. However, I don't understand the two bathroom concept in a unit that isn't a bunk model. I would think the bathroom in the lower level would be better used as storage.

I noticed that the standard Wildcat offers this same floorplan as the 353 LS model. I know that the Sterling Edition has 50 amp service and was wondering if the standard Wildcat now offers 50 amp. The reason I ask is because the 353 LS is over 39 feet long with three slideouts, a single 15k air conditioner wouldn't cut the mustard during the summer in my neck woods.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, wildcat