Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellio47 View Post
The tankless hot water system takes a little getting used to. Replaced the shower head with a high flow shower head to get better flow. Had PLENTY of hot water. The dealer told us not to use the cold water when using hot water - "just turn the hot water UP and the temperature will drop". NOT SO!!!!! We had to turn on some cold water just to keep from burning our skin off. I've read some posts by people complaining about the tankless hot water system. I had my doubts too. But now that I have had a chance to actually use on - I'm here to tell you that is the only way to go!
Make sure you turn the switch under the kitchen sink to "Auto" and not "low". We had problems controlling the hot and cold for several days before I had to break down and read the manual. Once set to Auto, it worked the way it was supposed to with just the hot water knob.

Congrats on the new rig.
Whineberry

Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
Now a "Top Member"

Ahh, Austin. My Dad lives there, and I know a few RVers in the area. AGain, welcome.

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #23

Congratulations on the Sterling! Team Wildcat appreciates your business. Happy camping and safe travels.

Team Wildcat
Old 07-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #24

This is very helpful, thank you. I will buy a vacation market 5th wheel in the next year or two, and the Wildcat Sterling is on my list of possibles. I like to soak a bad back in a hot shower so the workability of the Sterling's tankless hot water heater is a big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whineberry View Post
Make sure you turn the switch under the kitchen sink to "Auto" and not "low". We had problems controlling the hot and cold for several days before I had to break down and read the manual. Once set to Auto, it worked the way it was supposed to with just the hot water knob.

Congrats on the new rig.
Whineberry
Old 07-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #25

We just purchased the Wildcat 282rk, a smaller version of the Sterling. The hot water takes some getting use to but I think we are really going to like it. We had a Surveyor before. I really like the room in the bedroom of ours although it is not as big as the Sterling and without fireplace and chair. The rear kitchen is great. Lots of living space.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellio47 View Post
We're in Austin. The FR forum helped us make our final decision on what we wanted when we were looking to buy and I look forward to helping others.
Kellio47,
We live in Austin also and are looking at the Sterling. Where did you get yours? What do you pull it with? We are pulling our current trailer with a Forg F250, I'm guessing that would be adequate for the 30 foot Sterling.
Perhaps when we get back to Austin we could chat and or see your trailer.
Shootsalot
Old 10-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
JAYCO Representative

All Wildcat Sterling Edition models can be towed by a 3/4 ton truck like Ford's F250.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #28

I purchased our Wildcat Sterling from ExploreUSA in Kyle. I have been VERY pleased with their after-sale service. The people there are great and the service department is 2nd to none!

I pull our Sterling with a Chevy 2500 HD, 6.6L diesel. Whatever you do be sure you buy a 3/4 ton truck - you'll thank me later. When towing the trailer, I typically cruise at 67 MPH and average 11 MPG no-wind, 12-14 MPG WITH the wind, and 8-10 MPG AGAINST the wind (were're talking about a 30-35MPH wind).

I could easily tow it at 70 MPH but the miles per gallon drops to 7.5 MPG or lower. Since I've had the trailer, I've met a lot of people towing a similar trailer with an F250 Ford or Chevy 2500 gasoline powered truck. They have all expressed displeasure with the gasoline mileage and power. One woman said when they go up a hill their miles per gallon gage reads ZERO!

I'm no fan of Dodge trucks (I'm sure that will make me a lot of fans). I've test driven several Dodges and personally I think there is a reason there are so many on them on used car lots. I would recommend an F250 Ford diesel or a Chevy 2500 diesel if you are serious about pulling and don't want to run into trouble down the road.

Sorry for being so late in replying to your email, but we just got back from Ruidosa where the highs during the day were in the upper 60's and the lows were in the lower 50's. Got a chance to use the furnace and it worked great. The fake fireplace heater worked even better. It throws out enough heat to heat the entire trailer.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I can't promise my "opinions" are any better than anyone else's but if there is one peace of advise I could give you it's - keep asking questions!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #29
JAYCO Representative

Smile Wildcat Sterling Edition 30RL

Just got some images back from a photo and video shoot we did at Bonneville Mill in Bristol, IN. This one of a Wildcat Sterling Edition 30RL was so pretty I had to share...

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #30

You sound like a proud father. Looks good and matches the truck to boot.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, wildcat