Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #41
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The Sterling 35LS is certainly a unique floorplan. However, I don't understand the two bathroom concept in a unit that isn't a bunk model. I would think the bathroom in the lower level would be better used as storage.

I noticed that the standard Wildcat offers this same floorplan as the 353 LS model. I know that the Sterling Edition has 50 amp service and was wondering if the standard Wildcat now offers 50 amp. The reason I ask is because the 353 LS is over 39 feet long with three slideouts, a single 15k air conditioner wouldn't cut the mustard during the summer in my neck woods.
Valid discussion points on both topics...

We got requests from consumers who full-time and also entertain guests (family and friends), but wanted the private area to stay private, thus the 1/2 bath. If not included, your guests would be walking through the large bedroom every time. The 1/2 bath on the main floor does feature a huge storage cabinet. We've also talked about the option of making it a walk-in pantry.

50 AMP service is available on all Wildcat models and is a forced option on both the 353LS and the 344QB (our biggest floor plans). Our 50 AMP service option also includes wiring prep for the 2nd AC unit.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #42

Thanks for the information Wildcat Chris. When I purchased my Wildcat in 2007, 50 amp wasn't an option. The mandatory 50 amp option on the new longer units is a smart idea.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris
Since the Sterling Edition series has so many features built in, the weights we take at the factory tend to be very close to the listed weights on our web site (32RK = 9,209 lbs. dry weight).

See this page for more:
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...hoice=sterling
What is the difference between an 32rk and 322rk
RLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #44
JAYCO Representative

Post Difference between a Sterling Edition and a Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLee View Post
What is the difference between an 32rk and 322rk
The 32RK is the Sterling Edition version of the popular rear kitchen Wildcat 322RK.

Obviously, the most striking difference in the Sterling Edition upgrade is the high-gloss exterior in the "Sterling Silver" color. It also affects the weight the most (although the standard Corian® countertop, Serta® mattress, and free-standing table and chairs also add some weight).

Here's a list of the Sterling Edition Upgrades (standards built into the package):
  • "Sterling Silver" High-Gloss Gel Coat Fiberglass Exterior
  • New Aerodynamic Gel-coated Fiberglass Front Cap with Built-In LED Docking Lights (dual mode, blue and white)
  • Custom Automotive-grade Exterior Graphics Package
  • Color-matched Decorative Hitch Cover
  • Serta® Trump™ Home Luxury Mattress (Residential Queen, 60" x 80")
  • Design Collection™ Corian® Solid Surface Countertop (Kitchen) with Upgraded Pull-out Sprayer Faucet and Undermounted Sink
  • Electric Fireplace (not Available in 32QB)
  • Hardwood Free Standing Table (with Pull-out Leaf) and 4 Chairs (with Under Seat Storage)
  • 15K BTU Ducted Roof Air Conditioner
  • 2nd Air Conditioner Bedroom Prep (Wired)
  • 50 AMP Service with Detachable Cord
  • Propane Quick Connect

Hope this helps!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #45
Site Team

Chris, i've seen 32RKs with different fireplace setups in the bedroom.
one has the fireplace with faux brick and a shelf.
another has the fireplace higher and there's a cabinet around it, with drawers and doors.
is this a model year difference?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #46
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Current angled bedroom front end info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Chris, i've seen 32RKs with different fireplace setups in the bedroom.
one has the fireplace with faux brick and a shelf.
another has the fireplace higher and there's a cabinet around it, with drawers and doors.
is this a model year difference?
That change came when we switched to the new cap design last fall for our dealer expo (typically the time when we show new floor plans and features). We wanted to take advantage of the extra space we gained in our "angled bed" bedroom suite (available on 322RK/32RK, 302RL/30RL, 344QB/34QB) and more storage is always a plus!

This is the new layout with fireplace above storage (Sterling Edition shown -- the fireplace is a popular option for Wildcat):
Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
That change came when we switched to the new cap design last fall for our dealer expo (typically the time when we show new floor plans and features). We wanted to take advantage of the extra space we gained in our "angled bed" bedroom suite (available on 322RK/32RK, 302RL/30RL, 344QB/34QB) and more storage is always a plus!

This is the new layout with fireplace above storage (Sterling Edition shown -- the fireplace is a popular option for Wildcat):

Chris, any pics of the drawers and doors open, to get an idea of how big the spaces are? or dimensions of the drawers and spaces on the sides of the fireplace.

there aren't any of the 32RKs or 322RKs anywhere near me. only an older 322RK with the older swivel rockers and the old style fireplace.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #48
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up New GoRVing commercial features a Sterling Edition

Take a look at the new GoRVing commercial featuring a Wildcat Sterling Edition:
Go RVing TV Commercial - Comforts - YouTube

I really think the new ads look great and represent RVing well!

Check out the newly updated GoRVing web site too:
RV Travel Ideas, News and Dealer Information | Go RVing
Old 02-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #49
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Chris, any pics of the drawers and doors open, to get an idea of how big the spaces are? or dimensions of the drawers and spaces on the sides of the fireplace.

there aren't any of the 32RKs or 322RKs anywhere near me. only an older 322RK with the older swivel rockers and the old style fireplace.
I'll try to get those dimensions for you! They are the same size as our pot/pan drawers -- the biggest we've ever had in a bedroom.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #50

Touring Edition

I am intersted in the Wildcat Sterling with the Touring Edition. Can someone tell us what will the Touring Edition have and when is it availble?
Also is the second year warranty available on these units?
waynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #51
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Differences between Sterling and Touring Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
I am intersted in the Wildcat Sterling with the Touring Edition. Can someone tell us what will the Touring Edition have and when is it availble?
Also is the second year warranty available on these units?
The Wildcat Sterling Edition and the Touring Edition upgrade are two separate packages. Sterling is our highest trim line while the Touring Edition offers some a great exterior enhancement at lower cost. Both are available now and currently in production! Here's more info:

Sterling Edition Upgrades (standards built into the package -- some are available as upgrade in the Wildcat line) include:
• New Aerodynamic Gel-coated Fiberglass Front Cap with Built-In LED Docking Lights (dual mode, blue and white)
• Design Collection™ Corian® Solid Surface Countertop (Kitchen) with Upgraded Pull-out Sprayer Faucet and Undermounted Sink
• Hardwood Free Standing Table (with Pull-out Leaf) and 4 Chairs (with Under Seat Storage)
• Propane Quick Connect

The Touring Edition is offered as an option on all Wildcats and eXtraLite fifth wheels and includes:
• Touring Edition Gunmetal Gel-Coat Fiberglass Cap with Integrated Docking Lights
• Touring Edition Automotive-Grade Graphics Package Upgrade
• Touring Edition Decorative Hitch Cover
• Touring Edition Charcoal Aluminum Skirt and Fender
• LED Interior Lighting Upgrade (see this thread for more info: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post156664)
Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #52

Wildcat Sterling Edition

Where are the Wildcat Sterling Edition made? Are there factory tours available? I am retiring this fall and looking at ordering a 2013 Sterling Edition. When can I order one and how long to get it after I place a order. Oh yeah will the interior led lights be available on this unit?
waynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #53
JAYCO Representative

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
Where are the Wildcat Sterling Edition made? Are there factory tours available? I am retiring this fall and looking at ordering a 2013 Sterling Edition. When can I order one and how long to get it after I place a order. Oh yeah will the interior led lights be available on this unit?
Wildcat Sterling Edition models are built in our Elkhart, IN, and our Dallas, OR, facilities.

We do indeed offer factory tours! See this thread for more on that: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...urs-17504.html

Normal order build times typically range from 8-10 weeks. Please check with your local Wildcat dealer for more up to date information on lead times.

Interior LEDs are not part of the Sterling package (halogens are used) at this current time, but we're able to add them on for retail orders. Please have your dealer inquire about that when ordering!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #54

Wildcat Sterling 30RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsider View Post
Has anyone had a chance to look over the new Wildcat Sterling 5th wheel trailers? I’m currently have a 2008 Rockwood 8313 and looking to possibly upgrade to a 5th wheel and this one caught my eye. From the colored exterior wall colors to the hydraulic leveling system, looks like it will be a nice mid-grade 5ther. We are looking at the 32RL with rear entertainment center/fireplace.
Thanks guys

Just picked up our Wildcat Sterling 30RL. It is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Everything on it works flawlessly, with the exception of the ventahood external vent cover. I can't get the thing to open...Maybe it's me, but the thing is higher than my head and I can't get the releases to work. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it. The 30% larger bedroom is what sold us on the unit, but the interior is beautiful also. It has all the bells and whistles of a much higher priced unit. It is more aerodynamically designed so the extra 1000 pounds is pretty much cancelled out.
Terry Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #55

From all 128 workers in the factory Team Wildcat thanks you for your business!

Safe travels,

Tomcat
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #56

Sterling 32QB

We bought the Sterling 32QB last August. We searched for a camper for literally 15 months and probably physically looked at hundreds. With very young children, we wanted a bunk model. Of all the 5th wheels we looked at, the Wildcat had the best layouts. We upgraded to the Sterling edition for a handful of reasons. I would recommend the Wildcat brand to anyone looking to buy a camper!
amy1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #57
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1417 View Post
We bought the Sterling 32QB last August. We searched for a camper for literally 15 months and probably physically looked at hundreds. With very young children, we wanted a bunk model. Of all the 5th wheels we looked at, the Wildcat had the best layouts. We upgraded to the Sterling edition for a handful of reasons. I would recommend the Wildcat brand to anyone looking to buy a camper!
Thank you for your kind words!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #58
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Obviously, the most striking difference in the Sterling Edition upgrade is the high-gloss exterior in the "Sterling Silver" color. It also affects the weight the most (although the standard Corian® countertop, Serta® mattress, and free-standing table and chairs also add some weight).

Here's a list of the Sterling Edition Upgrades (standards built into the package):
  • Propane Quick Connect
Hope this helps!
I've been getting a lot of questions about this, so I'm reposting!

Tags
5th wheel, wildcat