Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

171RBXL Wildwood XLite-the tv mount?

Bought this unit a few months ago and it has been a blast,we love it- the price I paid I havent seen anybody else touch, and its just the right size for my wife and I. I noticed that there was a place for a TV but was not include in my TT. I took a stud sensor anc check the wall that had a sticker that said TV MOUNT. My question before I go wild screwing holes in a new trailer, is the sensor gave me a distance of around 6 inches wide? I figured it was a mounting plate, BUT it goes down as far as I can scan...Does anybody know what kind of set up goes with this?Is this a plywood plate screwed to the wall OR is it a full length board/boards...Need help with this, we have been using it by putting the tv on the table...many thanks
RobH1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #2

I don't understand your concern with the length of the backing plate for the TV mount. If it was labeled then it will hold the weight of a TV. New TVs are very light. Keep your screws to 1 inch or so and you will be fine.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #3

I had a 171RBXL and mounted a 28 inch tv on the wall above the dinette seat. There was a sticker on the wall indicating where to mount. I had no issues. If you are unsure drill a small hole and probe with a bent wire. Max wall thickness is 1 1/2 inches, use screws no longer than 1 1/4 inch.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #4

I have a sticker on that way, BUT according to the stud finder the wall mount backer is 6 inches to the right of it- and about 6 inches wide, the reason I wanted to know about the length of the backer is if I want to mount and take down when I travel- longer= stronger?
Old 12-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #5

I used a wide mount, tilt down bracket with 4 screws for a solid platform. I did not remove the tv for travel. It only weighs 6 or 7 pounds. As I mentioned above you can drill a small and use a test wire to ascertain the wall is not hollow there. I've never seen a diagram showing the backing dimensions for that model. Wall density sensors can be tricky and misleading.
Andersen hitch
Old 12-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #6
Bene Gesserit Rule

I mounted a 42" set on a bracket that has two rails. The bit that bolts on to the back of the TV has 'arms' that hook over the rails and screws at the bottom that locks it all together. Never had an issue with the set bouncing off the wall, even on Australian roads, of which we have some of the worst anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heritage 286RL-09b.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	158727  
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #7

The "backing plate" in my 2018 Wildwood FSX TT appears to be nothing more than another layer of 1/8" (?) pressboard. I bought this inexpensive mount because it allows the load to be distributed across a wider area and attached with 6 1/8" x 2" lag bolts. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1
gorgerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #8

I use the same mount, for the same reason. It spreads the load over a wide area and allows plenty of mounting screws.
I would suggest shorter screws for most applications. 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 is plenty long. 2 inch could go through the wall and come out in the bathroom on a 171 RBXL and many other models.
Andersen hitch
Old 04-01-2018, 12:11 AM   #9

Has anyone mounted a TV in a 171RBXL? I'm wondering which mount is the best choice for this model and what size TV is best.

I'm doing some research for a friend, and will likely end up mounting the TV in her trailer. I know not to use the bolts that come with any mount as they will likely be too long. When I mounted the TV in my Cruiser the mounthing plate behind the mount here sticker was about 5 inches to the right, so I don't have a lot of faith in those stickers. The wire is a good idea.
SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:15 AM   #10

Yes. See post #8 above. I mounted a 28 inch tv. I used this mount (actually only half of it.)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VideoSecu...xnODcstzqigQS4
Andersen hitch
Old 04-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #11

I have a 171RXBL and I used the PAW International RV TV Bracket- 2 Piece Set- Black

it works great, I found in mine the sticker they have on the wall wasnt in the correct place, I used a stud finder and blue painters tape to find and mark the studs in the wall, a 21 inch ruku TV from Best buy works great and is plenty large enough to watch comfortabily,the mount isnt one that moves but can be seen anywhere in the dining/couch/bed area..works great screws to use to mount- 1 1/4 inch screws in the wall- use the ones for the TV mount for that part of the bracket.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH1954 View Post
I have a 171RXBL and I used the PAW International RV TV Bracket- 2 Piece Set- Black

it works great, I found in mine the sticker they have on the wall wasnt in the correct place, I used a stud finder and blue painters tape to find and mark the studs in the wall, a 21 inch ruku TV from Best buy works great and is plenty large enough to watch comfortabily,the mount isnt one that moves but can be seen anywhere in the dining/couch/bed area..works great screws to use to mount- 1 1/4 inch screws in the wall- use the ones for the TV mount for that part of the bracket.
Thank you very much, this is very helpful.

Tags
lite, mount, tv mount, wildwood