Old 02-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #1

195bh hose questions

Hi everyone, I just purchased a new used 2015 195bh and the previous owner knew less than I about the camper thanks to all the researching i did on the internet!
Ive already learned a ton of info from this forum but just wanted to make sure i understand some things correctly.

There are 2 white hoses near the black/gray water cleanout. One has a shutoff valve and one does not.
I assume one is the freshwater tank drain and one is the freshwater vent.

There are 2 other hoses on the other side of the camper that I assume bleed the freshwater hot and cold lines?

I take it when you are at a campsite with freshwater hookup you only need to turn the water on when your tank runs low?
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #2

If using freshwater hookup, your not using water from your tank. I only keep 5-10 gallons for use of toilet or washing hands while underway.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #3

195bh hose questions

White lines are indeed fresh/white tank drain and vent. White tank is under your lower bunk. It is only filled with the one fill port on the rear of the unit. Some peeps put some water in it to flush with while traveling, but you will need to run your 12v pump, switch is on the wall. At the campsite with freshwater hookups, the hose is hooked up to the " city connection" port. It should not be filling your white tank unless the check valve on the motor assembly is bad. The blue and red lines sticking out on the door side are " low point " drains. Red is hot water and blue is cold water lines. All they do is drain the camper of fresh water for winter, except for the toilet valve. It will retain water, freeze and bust causing you a repair bill. I would blow my lines out with air leaving the blue and red lines uncapped, drained the water tank and DONE for the winter. We had a new 2014 195bh and recently sold it to upgrade to the 27rkss.

Now I'm going back to looking for my 10mm wrench! 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2005 F250 PSD
Old 02-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #4

Thank you
Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

No problem, glad to help.