Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #1

2000 Wildwood 37BHSS Floor replacement

Hi we need help we have a 2000 Wildwood 37BHSS travel trailer, that the floor in the slideout along the wall under the dinette bench seat is rotted out, My husband and I do not know how to make theses repairs. we are looking for someone in the NH area near Epping that can go to the campground and do these repairs for us, the camper is station and can't be moved. or if someone who might have drawing on this camper that can email them to me. Also how do we find the leak, any help will do, if someone has made theses repairs maybe some pictures on the steps to take and how to do it, I know it it a lot to ask.
Reneedann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Explorer

Water damage is terrible and chasing a leak can be worse. Winter is on the way and finding that leak should be first or tarp it. I wouldn't put too much money into repairs until that leak is found.
Leaks can come from all kinds of places, wood tends to wick and will draw water. Without being there and ruling out all inside possibilities: water lines, joints, hot water heater, pump, even an over pressurized FWT can wick water up, sink drains........ and all of these items might only leak under some situations(pressurized, unpressurized, running…). Water can and will travel many many feet before it shows its self. Start by drying everything up use a fan and/or small heater. Now lets get it wet again, If you are sure it is coming from outside use a small sprinkler head and start small, build dams and or tape off window frames to reduce area being watched. (Quick Thought,You said it was in a pop-out could there be a lawn sprikler out side spaying up) Use a flashlight inside, touch things and be patient. Sprinkle for an hour and watch, then let sit an hour and watch. If you found it narrow the area if not expand. Once you find the leak find the best way to seal based on where its at, many products are best used in different situations. Finding leaks can be really tough and even if you have a "professional tech." do the work, check the work with a sprinkler head(dont let him/her leave).
My parents had a leak near a slide-out and had it "fixed" 8-10 times, over 4 years, before they sat in the driveway of the shop and used a sprinkler to check the work. There is no other way to tell if its fixed until it rains which could be months depending on time of year.
As for fixing the damage you need to do what’s right for you. From your post sounds like you don’t move this trailer if this is true you might just fix the bench. Again not being there and knowing the situation makes it tough. Campers do come apart and can be fixed/patched up either to original specs. or what ever is needed to make you happy.
Tough Post
Good luck
John
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Site Team

unfortunately, there are no such drawings that exist, even at the factory for that long ago.
and, it will be very difficult to find a shop that will send someone out to a remote location to do the repairs.
if you do, the cost of the repairs will probably be more than the trailer is worth now.
you might find a local handyman guy that will do it but probably not a RV shop/dealer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote