Old 05-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #1

2006 FK26- New to Us

Although we are not new to RVs, they were all pretty small (16') and not many bells and whistles. Our daughter will be living in the TT for a while and we would like to have everything functioning and safe...AC, microwave, tv, small appliances. The water functions seem to be all intact, no problems...yet. We did a thorough PDI with the dealer, but it seems nothing ever shows up there. I believe the TT has spent it's life in northern CA (there was some paperwork in the folder they handed us with appliance manuals, etc) and we live in northern NV, 5000' elevation, 4 seasons, dry summers, occasional snow in winter. We won't be doing any traveling as long as the daughter is living here, but maybe next year!

For those who saw my first post, we have already melted a power cord and receptacle, plugged into a dedicated house outlet with an adapter that we have used forever with our other RVs. Electrician will be out this week to install a dedicated 30 amp RV outlet to our garage. Power surge, loose connections, corroded connections...not sure what caused it but let's not go down that road again. Not even sure if we didn't fry other things with that event but we won't know for sure until we can fire up again.

In the meanwhile, what would you like to share with this newbie? I am interested in all info about FR TT. Tell me everything you would have wanted to know when you were a newbie. Thanks!

briteday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #2

ok, some things we know we need but not sure where to find them at the most reasonable price...
EMS...which one?
tire covers

Old 05-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #3

EMS - Progressive Industries hands down. Personally I'd go with the EMS-30PTX. Link:Progressive Industries, Inc. | Rv Surge Protection Shop around for best price, we got ours at Tweety's 10 years ago. http://tweetys.com/progressive-indus...rotectors.aspx
Tire covers - Camping World or Amazon.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
Head Rambler

Most things you need you can find on Amazon, but shop around and see who has the best price including shipping. I've bought stuff from CW because it was on sale and cheaper than anyone else.

Since your DD is going to be living in the RV full time hopefully you have sewer connected to it. Be sure she (and you) understand to keep the black tank valve closed until it's almost full. And to use plenty of water with each flush.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by briteday View Post
ok, some things we know we need but not sure where to find them at the most reasonable price...
EMS...which one?
tire covers
I just cut some plywood, rounded on the top a little larger then the tires. A bungee cord around the back of the wheel and hooked on each edge of the plywood holds them in place. Paint flowers on them if you want a decorative look
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Most things you need you can find on Amazon, but shop around and see who has the best price including shipping. I've bought stuff from CW because it was on sale and cheaper than anyone else.

Since your DD is going to be living in the RV full time hopefully you have sewer connected to it. Be sure she (and you) understand to keep the black tank valve closed until it's almost full. And to use plenty of water with each flush.
Thanks for the reminder on the black tank. We have septic on the property and dorms were expensive in undergrad years too. So DD has had the TT life before.

I'm not sure what all we need at this point, so suggestions for things you feel are helpful to trailer life, especially full timers would really help.

We appreciate all the responses here!
Old 05-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #7

What about a shower sprayer? Brands and models you like?
Old 05-04-2018, 01:07 AM   #8

Quote:
What about a shower sprayer? Brands and models you like?
If it's going to be running on shore power/city water, I'd say whatever showerhead is comfortable. If at times you're going to have to operate of the freshwater tank then I would have the oxygenic's 26781or whatever other color matches your plumbing, for best water conservation.
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
If it's going to be running on shore power/city water, I'd say whatever showerhead is comfortable. If at times you're going to have to operate of the freshwater tank then I would have the oxygenic's 26781or whatever other color matches your plumbing, for best water conservation.
Are showerheads made for brick & mortar homes the same as the fittings for the TT?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Are showerheads made for brick & mortar homes the same as the fittings for the TT?
I think so. But double check is what I do

2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote