Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #1

2006 Wildwood 29FKSSLE

Let's get some posts going in here! We are going to be the proud owners of a 2006 Wildwood 29FKSSLE. Our first trip will only be 15 minutes from our home, because my husband is on call & may have to work. But at least we can try everything out before taking it out for the big Labor Day weekend trip.

Our floorplan has the front kitchen which means lots of counter space, and I swear the bathroom is bigger than ours at home!

Who else out there has a Wildwood? What floorplan do you have?

They say the Wildwood is one of the most popular brands, so let's hear from a few Wildwood owners!
dsilnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:27 PM   #2

Nothing wrong with having a place to go thats close to home. Since you have a new rig coming, you never know what you forgot to bring and can easily go back to get it. We are within 30 minutes of two Blue Ridge Parkway campgrounds and more than once have had to slip home to get something we left.

Fill us in after the trip on how the new rig performed.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #3

dslines,

You're going to love that trailer. How do I know? We have almost the same floorplan, although not a Wildwood, and the DW(Pat) loves it. As you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslines wrote
Our floorplan has the front kitchen which means lots of counter space, and I swear the bathroom is bigger than ours at home!
29FKSSLE Floorplan

8315SS Floorplan

Have fun with your new TT.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #4

Yes, we looked at the 8315SS too

Because we had a Rockwood 2605 and liked the layout.

Strangely enough, the Rockwoods were higher-priced when I looked! But the wife likes the Wildwood too.

(Sorry, this is her hubby using the same ID)
dsilnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #5

Congrats on the new unit. When we purchased our the first three outings were less than 30 minutes from home and I was amazed at what I had left out thinking I would not need it.

5th trip out 250 miles away and had a great outing with no mistakes.

Thanks and Welcome again, Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #6

27bhss

We have the 2005 27BHSS. We chose this unit over all others because it had everything we wanted AND kept the total length in our range. It has the front bedroom with two sliding doors. Bunks in the rear and dinette and sofa slide-out. Also, I wanted more than just a curtain dividing the bedroom. This model was built with our family in mind and we are very pleased with it.
MSFunnyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilnes View Post
Let's get some posts going in here! We are going to be the proud owners of a 2006 Wildwood 29FKSSLE. Our first trip will only be 15 minutes from our home, because my husband is on call & may have to work. But at least we can try everything out before taking it out for the big Labor Day weekend trip.

Who else out there has a Wildwood? What floorplan do you have?

They say the Wildwood is one of the most popular brands, so let's hear from a few Wildwood owners!
We just got the WW LE 29BHBS. My wife liked the openess, huge storage in and out, large dinette, back room with jiffy couch and bunk, external bathroom door, slide doors to bedroom and flip around tv option. its bigger than what we really need but it was on the lot and my wife got sold on the layout. we have never had a wildwood but like the layout, hope you and the rest of us get good service and use from them. have a safe rving experience and look forward to talking more about wildwood
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #8

We purchased an "09 29BHBS LE as well last Jan but was only able to take it to Hocking Hills, OH for Memorial weekend. This June we are planning to drive the blue ridge Parkway from VA to NC. Any tips? How hilly is that route going to be. Towing with an "05 Titan Crew Cab and 4 people. Any suggestions always welcome. We are camping off the pkwy in private CG so I can utilize the hook-up.
kcalvin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The parkway from Va to NC, is a long road. Va. is not too hilly, but the southern end in NC will take you past Mt. Mitchell, highest peak east of the Mississippi River. The elevation will make your truck work hard, and there are some long pulls, so watch all your temps. The good part is the speed limit is 45 mph for the whole parkway, and plenty of overlooks to pull off. Take a coat, it will be cold at night in places, even in June. Hope you have a great rip.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
Master of the obvious

Well I learned something today... I was all set to inform everyone that Mt. Washington in NH is the tallest peak, my DW said.... Are you sure? So... I did a little research and learned that Mt. Mitchell has 400 feet on Mt. Washington.

Does anyone have a "This car climbed Mt. Mitchell" sticker??
2018 Kia Optima Toad
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood