Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #1

2011 Wildwood heritage glen 312qbud tongue height question

Hi, I just bought a 2011 312 qbud at auction. It is currently sitting in my driveway. I am having trouble finding a nice level spot to measure my tounge height. Im taking it 200+ miles very early friday morning. I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate tongue height so I can try to set up my weight distribution hitch. My driveway is on a main road and its a real bugger to get the trailer in and out of, with traffic so I'd rather not move it unless I have to. Thanks, Steve
dodgefolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #2

I'm assuming this is so you can setup the hitch height on the truck.. short of moving it or someone giving you their measurement, maybe you can measure the wheel well area to the frame and then figure out the difference on the front (6" frame with top mounted coupler?). When I need to get such measurements or reconfigure the hitch I usually pull it into a shopping plaza parking lot.
CamperWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperWill View Post
I'm assuming this is so you can setup the hitch height on the truck.. short of moving it or someone giving you their measurement, maybe you can measure the wheel well area to the frame and then figure out the difference on the front (6" frame with top mounted coupler?). When I need to get such measurements or reconfigure the hitch I usually pull it into a shopping plaza parking lot.
I know this is an old post but I have throw my two cents in...
I agree, measure the frame right above the axles and you get the tongue height. The key is to be level and right above the axles is the fixed midpoint (think of a seesaw) of the trailer.

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, wildwood