Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #1

2011 Wildwood X-Lite 26bh - leaks and floor needs to be replaced

We just picked up a used 2011 Wildwood X-Lite 26bh from a dealer in Ohio about a month ago. We have had it covered and we new there was one soft spot when we purchased it (the dealer assured us the leak had been repaired). We decided to begin working on replacing that part of the floor and removed all the black mesh underlayment last weekend. What we discovered was HORRIFYING. The entire right front corner (under the bed and into the closet) is saturated. You can literally poke your finger right through it up to the vinyl flooring. And the entire center where the tanks are connected is also saturated wet. What a mess. The dealer in Ohio will not respond to my calls and emails and the manufacturer has not responded either. This is our first travel trailer and we are way over our heads in trying to replace the entire floor by ourselves. I have no idea what to do. How much would a service center charge to do replace the entire floor with plywood? We are shocked and heartbroken. What would you do if you didn't know how to do this huge job yourself?
cparobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
Site Team

I can understand that the dealer should be doing something for you but not sure what you're expecting from the manufacturer.

You bought a used 6 year old TT, from a dealer that appears to be less than supportive. Did you get their claim on the floor repair, in writing?

The manufacturer might fix it for a price, at their factory. Sounds like you might be close since you bought from an Ohio dealer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #3

I had a 2010 wildwood xlite 26bh and had water damage I front of bathroom floor I between the bunks and rear sink called the factory because I could not find the leak this was October of 2014 they gave me a date to drop it off and have the floor replaced no charge. You can start by calling forest river factory I have the service managers info at work on how to contact if you can not get

2016 wildwood xlite 272qbxl
2004 f150 5.4liter
ohio xlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #4

Hi:

Just saw your post. I bought a used 2010 X-Lite 26bhxl from a friend in the spring of 2014. While looking it over, he showed me the repair bills where the dealer replaced the entire floor with 5/8" t&g plywood. The trailer never had water damage but the light-weight flooring flexed too much to his liking so he had the dealer replace it all. The labour came to 35 hours @ $85.00/hour. They used 6 sheets of plywood and some misc items (tapes, trims, etc...) as well.

I know it must be very frustrating. Keep after your dealer as they knew about this problem during the sale so you may have some legal recourse, if it comes to that. Also, check with Forest River as one of the other posters noted and see if they'll help and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING - phone calls included!!! Unfortunately, it takes a squeaky wheel to get the grease so don't let up!!!

By the way, we've used ours for two summers now and love it.
In the meanwhile, I have most of the original owner's manuals if you're missing any.

This is a great forum for help and advice so don't be afraid to ask. Keep us in the loop as to how you make out.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:01 AM   #5

In the process of replacing all but 5 feet of the flooring in rockwood 8317ss. We removed the old floor down to sheeting. it has 11/2" square tubing cross joist. we used 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 aluminum angle and bolted it through the existing tubing. we used pop rivets where we couldn't bolt through. took 3/4 firm foam insulation and 7/32 underlayment cut to fit between. runners and glued it together. then overlaid it all with 7/32 underlayment. it takes 1 layer of foam and three layers of underlayment to be level with the cross joist.
monk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, leak, wildwood