Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #1

2014 Wildwood Heritage Glenn 300BH DELAMINATION??

Weekend started off great with lots of sunshine and a cold beer in hand then turned sour as I noticed a huge bubble under my Kitchen Slide Out Window.

Hoping it was just a shadow I walked over and pressed on it only to find out that the side wall has seperated. Talk about being sick. I was beyond pissed.

Being this is my 3rd Forest River Trailer and my 2nd trailer having delamination going on I'm questioning my purchase. I get that every trailer regardless of manufacturer isn't going to be perfect and go years on end without having an issue but damn.

My last trailer (2010 Rockwood 2702) I had to take to Indiana for a full wall replacement and I'm wondering what it will take to get this fixed. Waiting on Warranty Guy to contact me with possible options but I'm sick to my stomach as I type this.

Attached are images of the bubble.

Just a word of caution that everyone should take 10 min here and there and examine their trailers before they are far out of warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140927_101522_053.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	63729   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140927_101531_868.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	63730   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140927_101534_619.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	63731  
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #2

I've seen a new, not sold yet Hemisphere (same as HG) on the dealer lot with that same problem. Scares me as I have a Hemisphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #3

I just noticed that this past weekend. Talked to Wildwood Warranty Rep and they advised they will take care of it. Dealer has body shop and I don't know if this can be repaired or needs a total slide out wall replacement.

My 2010 Rockwood had water penetration below the outside kitchen vent as the little black hose was not pushed thru to the outside by dealer and after a year the water finally got behind the wall and bubbled it.

That trailer was 1 year out of warranty and Forest River said if I bring the trailer to them in Indiana they would replace the entire wall and they did.
Trailer was better than new but then we went to rv show and found this wildwood and love it so far.

Hoping the repair is easy but good thing is we will be wrapping up our camping mid october here in northern ohio so the dealer can work on it all winter. i have a few other minor issues I will have them fix while they have it.
Eastlake, OH
Old 09-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #4

Eastlakroo, That doesn't look good being right below a window. I would opt for it being sent back to the plant and get a new side put on over the winter. Plus they can fix your other problems and get it right again...Good Luck with either way you go.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #5

Thanks. Its not moisture or water that caused the bubble from the window as it would be hard to touch but instead appears that the adhesive and/or glue that is used to bond the outside wall failed in that area. I can easily push in on it and it just keeps popping back out.

Was advised by selling dealer they would look at it when it arrives and see if they can fix it or else they would request a new slide out outside wall be sent for replacement.

I have seen trailers with patch work done on the fiberglass in the past and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Regardless how they aproach the fix it needs to be done flawless where no one can tell an issue was there. Either way the trailer will be brought back to dealer for them to correct over the winter.

I'm not out any camping as the season is over in a few weeks at our campground so I'm glad this is happening now vs. middle of summer.

Not happy as its a 2014 Trailer but that's just our luck.
Eastlake, OH
Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #6

Hi I have a 2014 Heritage Glen. Found a small bubble on side. Trailer went back to factory last winter for many repairs including the small bubble. When it was returned, I noticed the decal was moved to cover the spot where it was repaired.

I then found the spot and it was now a soft spot. Not sure how they fixed it but it was not correct.

After talking to factory rep and trying to find someone local to fix it, factory ending up giving me $5000.

So I am not sure factory can fix this type of problem. I guess after all my problems, I am not sure about factory repairs.
stevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #7

My last trailer they replaced the entire wall as I would not be happy with a repair that is still noticeable. Hoping it doesn't go back to factory but my last trailer came back better than new.
Eastlake, OH

Tags
2014, delamination, wildwood