Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #1

2016 Forest River Heritage glenn 337BAR

Hello everyone is nice to be hear to get information the Forest River 5th wheel trailer.We are very interested on everyone views on the Heritage Glenn 337BAR value,craftsmanship,and warranty service, before we spend our hard earn money for this 5th wheel.Please tell us your stories for we our all ears.
Bravo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #2

I have completed my first impressions of our HG 337BAR,I found only 2 minor problems one was the left slide was out of adjustment on the lower corner and was sticking out about 1/2 at best.and the other was the table came loose from the wall next to the sofa.Tires are the chinese type with a 8/2015 installation at the factory.My dealership seems to be on there toes for they have started PDI'ing it will power both shore and deep cycling our batteries,and adding some propane to the system to start the water heater up.Leak checking with water up to pressure.Refrigerator is up and running as well for 2 days now.And a/c/heater has been cycling through to maintain 70 degrees.It has been a good ride with this Forest River dealer so far.I return on Wednesday for a walk through.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #3

A update on this 337BAR,it seems that this unit was being sold to another couple and wasn't reported to the manager.So they are searching for another unit for us,and said they would make it up to us.They have agreed to lower there price another 1000.00 dollors,so in one way we were bummed,but in another way we are quite happy.Oh well,we are not in a hurry.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:02 AM   #4

So we received our new 2016 FR Heritage Glenn 337BAR,and brought her home.After our PDI with our new dealer,we found only a couple of problems,3 day/night shades one of the strings on all 3 was not tied in to the knob on the walls next to the shades,and a small tear about 1/4 inch in length on the roof's rubber membrain at the edge of the roof ladder that needed a small patch and sealant applied.All appliance's worked great at PDI,and then retested after a 981 mile road trip to shake her in.Still all appliance ran trouble free.On thing I did notice was that both batteries had really cheap fitting's on them.And the cables were to long that the RV dealer could not put the battery vent box's on.So on our next trip we plan to stop buy and have then cut them to the correct lenght so the battery vent box top and fit properly.And other than it was really dirty for the snow and rain on the highway,a good cleaning and a waxing is making her look like she just left the factory floor.Furance work's well.And we have pick up some registar's to play with the air flow into each area of the trailer..All in all it was a really nice trip and feel really good.Can wait to use it for a couple of months at times to really appreciate it's design,features.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #5

Congratulations on your new 5th wheel.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #6

The gas tanks are a wrestling match to replace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forest River Forums mobile app
metakid65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #7

The l.p gas tanks are a wrestling match to change

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forest River Forums mobile app
metakid65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #8

Yes metakid65,after looking at the LP storage area I noticed a small dent on the lip of the lower cutout of the door area,this I assume was were the dealership had it's waterloo with the LP tanks.Hope no fingers were injured.....
Old 02-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #9

Thanks GlennZ.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo67 View Post
So we received our new 2016 FR Heritage Glenn 337BAR,and brought her home.After our PDI with our new dealer,we found only a couple of problems,3 day/night shades one of the strings on all 3 was not tied in to the knob on the walls next to the shades,and a small tear about 1/4 inch in length on the roof's rubber membrain at the edge of the roof ladder that needed a small patch and sealant applied.All appliance's worked great at PDI,and then retested after a 981 mile road trip to shake her in.Still all appliance ran trouble free.On thing I did notice was that both batteries had really cheap fitting's on them.And the cables were to long that the RV dealer could not put the battery vent box's on.So on our next trip we plan to stop buy and have then cut them to the correct lenght so the battery vent box top and fit properly.And other than it was really dirty for the snow and rain on the highway,a good cleaning and a waxing is making her look like she just left the factory floor.Furance work's well.And we have pick up some registar's to play with the air flow into each area of the trailer..All in all it was a really nice trip and feel really good.Can wait to use it for a couple of months at times to really appreciate
it's design,features.
Congrats! On your new "home away from home" My husband and I have been looking at RVs for well over a year and almost from the beginning set our hearts on the 337 bar.... From the moment we walked in, it just appeared so nice and open and love it's unique look with the "pizza oven" feature.....and found for RVs that size we couldn't beat the price. So we recently made the decision to do it and after a bad experience with CW and finally getting our deposit back we will be going to the bank this week and taking our money to purchase the 2016 HG 337 Bar from a dealer we feel we can trust, who we have spoke to and has it on the lot, so hopefully we will be bringing our "2nd home" home in the next couple of wks.... We are so excited!
I have noticed since we started out looking at the 2015 model that FR lightened the exterior color and did away with the bedroom headboard....2 things Im not happy about😕 But I do love the led lighting they added around island!
I noted in another thread about the 3337 Bar several comments related to problems with the stove hood exaust and what seems to be a poor ventilation fan, setting off the smoke alarm for many owners.....I think one owner just decided the fan was cheap and replaced it....I am thinking by the dates on the post many of these 337 Bar owners may possibly have 2015 models.....Don't know if maybe FR could possibly have realized this issue and hopefully improved it, Im sure this is just wishful thinking on my part, I did not ask any questions yet in that thread about the exact year of their 337 Bars (as it was very late when I was reading the comments) I just know they were new to them, but that could be a 2015 model.... Have u experienced any issues when cooking or have u been able to use yours enough yet to know?
GH Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Bravo67, be careful on how much you restrict air flow to different areas. The restriction could prevent the furnace from functioning properly. Just a heads up, and congrats on the new trailer!!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #12

GHCamper,Shop on pricing for I have seen these units as low as 34,999 up to 51,000,so it does pay to show around for pricing even if it means driving some distance's for closer to the factory the shipping costs drop's....We too had a bad experience with one dealer on pricing,and also it was sold even with a deposit on the unit,oh well...GHCamper it does say in the owners manual that you should open slightly a window perferrably the window above the countertop next to the stove,when cooking as to help with ventilation while cooking.We started the oven up with nothing in it and allow it to run for about 1 1/2 hours at around 350 to bake-off any production oils from the metals....GHCamper this does qualify as a tax write off as a second home at least as our tax rep states,so all the gas,hotels,meals we will submit to IRS for consideration.About 6 day-night shades needed the cords adjusted for they would not stay up.The battery cable ends were loose and the vent box's were not secured properly.Needed a good cleaning on the outside and the roof as well.One thing I might point out is be very through on your PDI pay close attention to the roof to be sure it has proper sag-sealant around all vents.Decals as well too on the side of the RV trailer as well.Pay close attention to breaking in your brakes a swell.And above all enjoy your new home away from home.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:14 AM   #13

Thank-you Aquaman, yes I do know about the back-flow shutdown feature for the Suburban furnance. The only regristar we ended up changing was the bathroom it just got way to hot,our friends in R.I took their unit bathroom regristar out and bended all the louvers slightly down some more to restrict the flow alittle and that seemed to do the trick as well.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:56 PM   #14

I have just updated the cheap Chinese battery terminal ends with some really nice copper lugs,and heat shrinked to boot as well.Batteries are at a full charge now.And the refridgerator has know been running for 4 days now and is working quite nice.The residential unit is really the way for us to go.We have selected a lining for the drawers a clear grippy neoprem so as to add in holding things in place.We still might make small drawer dividers in each drawer. I will be putting on hold de-winterizing for a couple more months,unless El Nino changes are weather here in Texas, today's 70 degree temp ,was a good case to de-winterized,and hit the road sooner rather than later. Wow,what a difference in temps from low 40's. I am looking in to a much bigger spetic hose with a ladder down hill system,the one that comes with it might be a tad to small for some site's we visited last year with our Catalina 29ft.So a upgrade may be in the works.Before I left our dealership they gave us a care package,a new water hose,tank deoderizer,and a water filter,fittings too and to top if off a gift certificate for 10 percent off any order, place with them.So their is a incentive their for us.It has been a real pleasure working with this dealership,they never skip a beat with us.And the PDI had a few items but nothing to get upset about for sure,and the tech's even set our hitch level for this 5th wheel trailer,free of charged.I had brought all the tools just in case it might be extra.Wow boy howdy their is still RV dealership's out there that doesn't nick and dime you.Ah the saga continue's hope to be out on the road soon...
Old 02-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #15
JudiVan n Gus

Smile

So we too have purchased a HG 337BAR and we are really looking forward to seeing the great USA. First we are going to do some local trips 3 or 4 in all before we take our long trip to Yellowstone, Glacier Nat. Park and then Mount Rushmore, then back home..

Van & Judi and our fur baby Gus
2006 F250 6.0 turbo diesel
2016 FR HG 337BAR
judivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:28 AM   #16

Judivanan,glad to see you are enjoying your 337BAR,we also are planning one of many trip's first up will be Vermont to see our daughter, and grand daughter as well,and then over to Maine to visit some old friends.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo67 View Post
GHCamper,Shop on pricing for I have seen these units as low as 34,999 up to 51,000,so it does pay to show around for pricing even if it means driving some distance's for closer to the factory the shipping costs drop's....We too had a bad experience with one dealer on pricing,and also it was sold even with a deposit on the unit,oh well...GHCamper it does say in the owners manual that you should open slightly a window perferrably the window above the countertop next to the stove,when cooking as to help with ventilation while cooking.We started the oven up with nothing in it and allow it to run for about 1 1/2 hours at around 350 to bake-off any production oils from the metals....GHCamper this does qualify as a tax write off as a second home at least as our tax rep states,so all the gas,hotels,meals we will submit to IRS for consideration.About 6 day-night shades needed the cords adjusted for they would not stay up.The battery cable ends were loose and the vent box's were not secured properly.Needed a good cleaning on the outside and the roof as well.One thing I might point out is be very through on your PDI pay close attention to the roof to be sure it has proper sag-sealant around all vents.Decals as well too on the side of the RV trailer as well.Pay close attention to breaking in your brakes a swell.And above all enjoy your new home away from home.
Thank you so much Bravo67 for all helpful info! We are purchasing for around 35,000, so I think we have done okay. We will keep in mind everything upon our inspection.
GH Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:37 PM   #18

GH Camper sorry so late to reply,been very busy as well prepare for trips coming up.Let us know how your inspection went.And drop us a line on your final close out price and over all.See ya all down the road....
Old 03-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #19

I am happy to report our shake-down cruise went quite well.Our FR Heritage Glen 337 performed flawlessly.1 week of running a/c,heater,and all,including baking our first ham in the oven.After a relaxing day at the mineral bath's,complete with massage,it was nice to come home to our FR Heritage Glenn for a ham dinner,with all the trimmings.I just drove 836 miles,and it towed like a dream as well.Our next trip is in the planning stages with a trip to the Northwest,and then over to Canada.Hope to rv park with some of you some day.See ya all down the road..
Old 06-16-2016, 02:59 AM   #20

Congrats on the 337, we do love ours! We were out a few weekend ago with the In-Laws in tow, boy did they have a great time. Even with 4 adults we had plenty of room to function. Boy am I glad we added that 2nd AC, it was 106 degrees while there, nice and cool.

Congrats again!

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river