Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2016, 08:17 AM   #1

2016 Wildwood 30kqbss roof issue

We bought a new 30kqbss last June. As with out last TT I cover her up in November with a cover and winterized. This past Sunday we decided to remove the cover and start getting her ready for our vacation to Florida (900+ mile pull for me). While I was on the roof taking the cover off I checked the roof. I found about 5 protrusions pushing up on the roof membrane. Not sure if it is screws that have backed off or as I have seen some say staples? Needless to say I am not very happy. I know that a Wildwood is not your top of the line TT but damn, it's not a year old with about 700 miles under its belt. Dealer said they would check to see if warranty would cover a new roof but most likely would just cut the membrane, repair it and seal it. Sorry but I do not like the idea of a new TT roof being cut on already. Any suggestions?
eyeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #2

If done properly the patch over the cut could outlast the roof. I does stink to cut up a new roof. If they do patch it, get it in writing that it was a factory authorized repair to keep the warranty intact.
I found one little lump on our new 32BHDS but it feels soft (possible trash) so I will leave it be for now....
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
If done properly the patch over the cut could outlast the roof. I does stink to cut up a new roof. If they do patch it, get it in writing that it was a factory authorized repair to keep the warranty intact.
I found one little lump on our new 32BHDS but it feels soft (possible trash) so I will leave it be for now....
Yeah. It just sucks to have a new roof cut on already. I am still waiting on a reply from warranty. I really hope they will replace the entire thing
eyeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #4

Agree to get the repair in writing for any future issues that may come up. Definitely not good news on a newer trailer.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #5

My 27rkss has the same thing in 4 spots. Feels like the top of a staple. Dealer said they use a block of wood and hammer to put them back down..but said not for me to do it , he would do it for the warranty. Hmmmmmm?
Wa11y757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #6

That is what the warranty is for. They can patch it and it will outlast the roof, I have also seen this on a few and the owners just put a piece of eterna bond over the protrusion in case the screw head or whatever is under there gets to rubbing. They do this before it pokes through to keep it sealed.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

I had staples pulling up on my HG. FR authorized for the roof to be pulled back, new staples put in. If the membrane appeared stretched or damaged a new roof was authorized. Still waiting to see what is going to happen.
KIPKERS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, wildwood