Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #1

2017 Heritage Glen 356qb

Ok, my trailer has been at the dealer (FunTown of Houston) since November. Today I am told they cannot fix it and needs to go to the manufacturer to be fixed. I haven't spoken to the Rep yet and looking hopeful.
The flooring needs to be replaced. Originally it was built with 1/8 plywood and 2 inches of a closed-cell foam. When I first bought it I noticed some soft spots, every time I used it, it got worse. Until there was over a 2-3 inch drop. I turned it in under warranty. I'm a heavy 365lbs so I know this aided in the timing of the failure, so glad it did, that way it happened under my warranty.

My question is? What do I need to push for, complete replacement of the unit? New flooring style (upgraded) or just same style flooring then sell the unit as fast as possible. I don't want it to happen again!
gajeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #2

I am going to assume they are going to fix it the way they want and not offer you options? The sub floor goes down first during the build and then the walls go on top. I would think anything they do was going to be a bandage. I would think you got a lemon for good? I would run for the hills if that is an option?

I'm about 270 lbs. hope I don't have an issue with my unit. My 1 year warranty is up in about a month.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I am going to assume they are going to fix it the way they want and not offer you options? The sub floor goes down first during the build and then the walls go on top. I would think anything they do was going to be a bandage. I would think you got a lemon for good? I would run for the hills if that is an option?

I'm about 270 lbs. hope I don't have an issue with my unit. My 1 year warranty is up in about a month.
Pray for me
gajeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
GB

Don't count on a replacement or a quick fix. The RV industry is nothing like the automobile industry. The one positive thing I can say about FR is they will honor the warranty, but you will have to be patient. I would also recommend buying an extended warranty if you plan on keeping the unit.
gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:04 PM   #5

2017 Heritage Glen 356qb

My 356QB has been at Camping World Indianapolis since November 10, 2017 for issues with the roof. I had three nails used to secure the roof let loose and started poking on the rubber roof to the point of breaking through. Forest River initially wanted to use a company that would re-secure the nails with screws and melt the roof back and close the holes. The secondary company was not able to repair so Forest River authorized the a complete removal of the rubber roof, fix all loose nails, and re-install a brand new rubber roof. Crazy that I had to have the roof replaced less than one year into owning it. Forest River has been good about communicating directly with me and getting everything authorized to be fixed.

Items that are getting fixed:

1. Outdoor pluming to the sink in the outdoor kitchen cracked and needed replacement.

2. Plastic skirting over both wheel wells cracked and broke off due to not being secured right.

3. Kitchen dinette seating was not done right. They installed decorative panels under cushions instead of plywood.

4. Rubber roof and nails described above.

5. Main screen door was installed incorrectly and has to be replaced as it was bent and made closing the main door difficult.

I am disappointed in all the issues on our now 1 year old 5er (bought Feb 17). But hope for the best going forward as Forest River has done well communicating with me to get everything repaired. I now just wish Camping World Indianapolis would do better getting things done. They have had my trailer for 100 days now and doesn’t look like they are going to be done anytime soon as they keep telling they are waiting on parts to come in. Spring Break trip looks to be in jeopardy if they don’t get done soon. Sorry to be lengthy in your post but wanted to show you another 356QB and some issues to watch out for.
schwabml is offline   Reply With Quote