Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #1

2017 Heritage glen 372RD POS

Bought a Heritage Glen 372RD in April and had it delivered to our seasonal site on April 28th and since the very first note of staying in it there have been a mountain of issues.
Both rear slides are leaking along the back side of each trifold couch and it leaks enough that the couch backs wick the water up and have water stains on both couches.The dealer has been out twice to fix and each time unsuccessful,it's actually raining now and low and behold they are still leaking,have a call to make tomorrow.
Window next to the recliners is leaking like crazy when it rains I have to put a towel up against it to keep the floor from getting wet.
Inverter does not work waiting to be replaced
Found self drilling screws glued to the roof when unit was delivered can't believe the dealer didn't find them when they prepped the unit.
The dycore that seals the roof in locations was not done well and was peeling off the roof
One of the doors to the outside docking stations has a big imperfection in it,it's being replaced
The linoleum floor has two bubbles in it on the stairs
There was silicone or adhesive on the carpet in the bedroom
There was two nails sticking up out of the floor in the bedroom
Staples where coming out of the carpet everywhere
The rear Ac is acting up
The one rear slide motor struggles to bring in and extend the slide out,very concerning as this unit is only 2months old in my named.
I don't know how to even explain this without pictures but the side wall in the rear on the drivers side moves in and out when you pick on it so I noticed underneath on the storage compartment that the utility angle that the wall attaches to on each side of the camper starts off installed fine for 3/4 of the camper length where the angle is upagainst the side wall and floor as the rear is elevated you can see where the screws pullles out of the side wall and the angle runs skewed out now,I was told forest river is working on an engineered fix,can't be good.
Inside the stove the burner wasn't even attached could have been a big issue.
Fuse for the hood exhaust and led lights on that circuit keeps blowing.
Slide control in front bedroom was barely attached and dangling when it was dropped off.
Kitchen sink is rusting,supposed to be stainless well true stainless doesn't rust in less its a shitty grade
There was some other minor items but I really am kicking myself in the ass for trading in our 2014 surveyor pilot that I had zero issues with but I figured since that was a forest river product it be okay but I should have known better as we had a Shasta Rever back in 2011 and it was a bomb just like this and yup it was a forest river product. Only upgraded so to family size and it's more of a summer home then anything else,we don't tow much anymore because we found are forever spot at the shore in South Jersey since we are beach bums so making sure are unit is reliable is very important as my wife and kids live in it all summer.So if so
Some asked if I would recommend,(I'd say oh hell no)you'd have to be nuts.Better yet take 40k and burn it because that's what you get when you buy a Heritage Glen and unit that's only good for fire wood.The sad part is we love the layout but Quality is for ****.If anyone from Forest river reads this and has anything to say please contact me and I will provide enough pictures that there'd be no way you could dispute my claims.I'm a very bitter customer. If I come up with the coin to unload this PoS.I'm going to have a very long talk tomorrow with the Dealer and see if they will send the unit back to the Factory and demand a new unit.Not on my nickel of course as there's no way this unit will make it ten years.
Cheers and enjoy your nights camping as we won't be
ktoboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoboll View Post
Bought a Heritage Glen 372RD in April and had it delivered to our seasonal site on April 28th and since the very first note of staying in it there have been a mountain of issues.
Both rear slides are leaking along the back side of each trifold couch and it leaks enough that the couch backs wick the water up and have water stains on both couches.The dealer has been out twice to fix and each time unsuccessful,it's actually raining now and low and behold they are still leaking,have a call to make tomorrow.
Window next to the recliners is leaking like crazy when it rains I have to put a towel up against it to keep the floor from getting wet.
Inverter does not work waiting to be replaced
Found self drilling screws glued to the roof when unit was delivered can't believe the dealer didn't find them when they prepped the unit.
The dycore that seals the roof in locations was not done well and was peeling off the roof
One of the doors to the outside docking stations has a big imperfection in it,it's being replaced
The linoleum floor has two bubbles in it on the stairs
There was silicone or adhesive on the carpet in the bedroom
There was two nails sticking up out of the floor in the bedroom
Staples where coming out of the carpet everywhere
The rear Ac is acting up
The one rear slide motor struggles to bring in and extend the slide out,very concerning as this unit is only 2months old in my named.
I don't know how to even explain this without pictures but the side wall in the rear on the drivers side moves in and out when you pick on it so I noticed underneath on the storage compartment that the utility angle that the wall attaches to on each side of the camper starts off installed fine for 3/4 of the camper length where the angle is upagainst the side wall and floor as the rear is elevated you can see where the screws pullles out of the side wall and the angle runs skewed out now,I was told forest river is working on an engineered fix,can't be good.
Inside the stove the burner wasn't even attached could have been a big issue.
Fuse for the hood exhaust and led lights on that circuit keeps blowing.
Slide control in front bedroom was barely attached and dangling when it was dropped off.
Kitchen sink is rusting,supposed to be stainless well true stainless doesn't rust in less its a shitty grade
There was some other minor items but I really am kicking myself in the ass for trading in our 2014 surveyor pilot that I had zero issues with but I figured since that was a forest river product it be okay but I should have known better as we had a Shasta Rever back in 2011 and it was a bomb just like this and yup it was a forest river product. Only upgraded so to family size and it's more of a summer home then anything else,we don't tow much anymore because we found are forever spot at the shore in South Jersey since we are beach bums so making sure are unit is reliable is very important as my wife and kids live in it all summer.So if so
Some asked if I would recommend,(I'd say oh hell no)you'd have to be nuts.Better yet take 40k and burn it because that's what you get when you buy a Heritage Glen and unit that's only good for fire wood.The sad part is we love the layout but Quality is for ****.If anyone from Forest river reads this and has anything to say please contact me and I will provide enough pictures that there'd be no way you could dispute my claims.I'm a very bitter customer. If I come up with the coin to unload this PoS.I'm going to have a very long talk tomorrow with the Dealer and see if they will send the unit back to the Factory and demand a new unit.Not on my nickel of course as there's no way this unit will make it ten years.
Cheers and enjoy your nights camping as we won't be
Quite a list! Chances of a new unit are less than zero. Having it sent back just slightly better. I'd have a list sent to the annual rally in Goshen and take it there. That may get the factory to repair that long list.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #3

Ordered by 372RD this spring at an rv show. Took delivery 8 weeks later as promised. Towed it over 1500 miles during 4-5 different trips, camped in it over 25 nights and have not had a single issue.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #4

Heritage 372rd problems

I've had nothing but issues one after another.Took ownership on April 28th 2017 and since then have camped in it every night since then as we have a seasonal site at the sure and once the kids got out of school on June 9th my wife has been here at the camp ground since then.The dealership has been here more then 8 times and still are not done.Waiting on new couches doors and other items and we now have two new leaks underneath one at the tanks and one in the front storage area under the from bedroom it's coming from the sink or shower not sure yet there still investigating as they say.This thing is a POS.Love the layout but this is ridiculous.
ktoboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #5

I feel your pain we got a new one this month. Fortunately ours were not as bad as yours. Get in touch with the manufacturer to have these issues fixed or demand a replacement.
cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
I feel your pain we got a new one this month. Fortunately ours were not as bad as yours. Get in touch with the manufacturer to have these issues fixed or demand a replacement.
Having issues with my 272RL. Getting in touch with the manufacturer is a joke! Have contacted Forest River by every means there is except actual mail carrier and they won’t even respond. Can’t get them on the phone, leave voicemails and the calls never get returned. I don’t really understand this company’s business strategy. All I can tell you is I’ll never buy another FR product....ever! And as long as I’m commiserating with you all, let me also say that dealing with Camping World, one of their distributors, is about as bad of an experience as one can expect from a dealer. Oh, they take great pains to make you happy while selling you, but the service is absolutely the worst. Happy camping!
Nogrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #7

How has it held up since June
coachrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Ordered by 372RD this spring at an rv show. Took delivery 8 weeks later as promised. Towed it over 1500 miles during 4-5 different trips, camped in it over 25 nights and have not had a single issue.
how has it held up since post?
coachrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #9

For me, it’s really not about the trailer being so bad. I’m accustommed to the “quality” (or lack thereof) of trailers. I’m just really disappointed in both Forest River and Camping world for their “I don’t give a **** about your problems” attitude. Once you buy one, you had better prepare yourself for doing all your own repairs, because the manufacturer or the dealer don’t give a crap about you once you drive off with it. If I ever buy another TT, it WILL NOT BE A FOREST RIVER AND IT WILL NOT BE FROM CAMPING WORLD!!!!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #10

I am prospective buyer and just about to add a Heritage Glen 311QB into our mix of possibles. What worries me is the lack of care and due attention some of the items you noted in the construction of your unit. My fear has always been if these corners are cut on things that can be seen what corners are cut in the walls or under the floor or in the roof? Heritage Glen will not be making our list of possible purchases.

1. Found self drilling screws glued to the roof when unit was delivered can't believe the dealer didn't find them when they prepped the unit.
2. The dycore that seals the roof in locations was not done well and was peeling off the roof
3. One of the doors to the outside docking stations has a big imperfection in it
4. The linoleum floor has two bubbles in it on the stairs
5. There was two nails sticking up out of the floor in the bedroom
6. Staples where coming out of the carpet everywhere

These are all simple things, there is no excuse for the laziness.
AlexinCalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #11

Have you only contacted your dealer. I’d be emailing/calling the FR rep for my model line.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #12

372RD

I would agree with the fact that nobody should ever purchase a Forest River product. Poor everything. GARBAGE. I know that you get what you pay for but really? No quality workmanship on any facet of the 2017 372RD unit. LEAKS, QUALITY ISSUES, THINGS FALLING OFF, POWER CONVERTER FAILURE, PLUMBING LEAKS, STAPLES STICKING OUT OF CARPETS, SHODDY WIRING. Need anyone say more than that?

Warning to all. If you want to enjoy your RV experience, make sure that you buy anything but a Forest River product!!
372RDHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 372RDHater View Post
I would agree with the fact that nobody should ever purchase a Forest River product. Poor everything. GARBAGE. I know that you get what you pay for but really? No quality workmanship on any facet of the 2017 372RD unit. LEAKS, QUALITY ISSUES, THINGS FALLING OFF, POWER CONVERTER FAILURE, PLUMBING LEAKS, STAPLES STICKING OUT OF CARPETS, SHODDY WIRING. Need anyone say more than that?

Warning to all. If you want to enjoy your RV experience, make sure that you buy anything but a Forest River product!!
One and done on a 2 month old thread? Do you need assistance in any way? is there a specific issue you need help with, or are you just FR bashing with no real tangible input?

Old 01-26-2018, 02:56 PM   #14

One and done?

The real tangible input is as such. I own one of these units and everything that I stated is true and applicable to my unit. Did not realize that this was an old post as I was searching for anyone that may have the same issues as I do to see if they had any success with resolution. Sounds like not.
372RDHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM   #15

Quote:
The real tangible input is as such. I own one of these units and everything that I stated is true and applicable to my unit. Did not realize that this was an old post as I was searching for anyone that may have the same issues as I do to see if they had any success with resolution. Sounds like not.
Do you have something specific you are trying to get addressed? Do you need help with a problem? have you contacted your dealer? FR? What actions have you taken to fix?

When you come on here and just bash FR with general statements and no specifics it is a little hard to help you out. Post up specifics so people will know how to help you.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #16
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
Do you have something specific you are trying to get addressed? Do you need help with a problem? have you contacted your dealer? FR? What actions have you taken to fix?

When you come on here and just bash FR with general statements and no specifics it is a little hard to help you out. Post up specifics so people will know how to help you.
372RDHater...I have to agree with SS, that coming to this forum with your FIRST post and bashing FR without giving some back story to what you are experiencing and not asking for advice/opinions puts up a HUGE red flag.

We are all here to help each other. That means we will listen to your rant but we also need to know what you have done to rectify your issues so we can then offer advice.

Please come back and start over.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #17
Site Team

Folks, this thread was dead since November of last year and the OP hasn't posted since July of last year.
His only posts were the two in this thread.

So I doubt that he's still around your posts now.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:51 PM   #18
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Wasn't directing anything towards the OP. My comments were pointed towards 372RDHater who resurrected the dead thread with their post # 12.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #19

It’s too bad really.

It’s too bad really. I’ve had my share of disappointments with my HG 272RL but really most of it hasn’t been because is a poorly constructed trailer, it’s really because of FR’s and the dealers lack of response. FR never has responded to voicemails and emails. Just flat ignored me. And Camping world....I won’t go there. Just terrible after the sale service. I know I can take it to a reputable service center and get concerns addressed, but I could never recommend FR to another person because of their horrible after the sale service. It’s tragic really. If I could afford to, I’d trade it for a different make. Can’t though so I’m going to get stuff fixed as it breaks and enjoy the camping. Love the floorplan and amenities.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #20
Scoundrel

For others reading this thread I'd like to say that I've owned my TT for almost a year. After about 10,000 miles and many many camping trips I'm as happy as can be with my Forest River. Sure, there have been a few repairs here and there. But with help from others on this forum any issues were relatively easily addressed. Moreover, I'd buy the exact same TT tomorrow if something ever happened to the one parked in my back yard.

I feel for the OP and a couple of the other posters who are having a bad experience. But I'd like to think that a majority of us are very happy with our purchase.

Rich J.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote