Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2017, 01:06 AM   #1

2017 wildwood hot water heater not working

I purchase this new in June 2017. From the beginning the hot water heater was not working. I just got it out of service they told me the tested everything and it all works as it should. It spent 2 weeks in service. I am at my camp site and the hot water heater doesn't work on electric or gas. Any suggeations?
yesitsme11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:49 AM   #2

If you are far from the dealer, call a mobile RV repair. Have them come check it out. If you are near you dealer, take it back. Have them check it again.
Also, have whichever place you choose, show you the operating procedures. Maybe there is a step that you missed. It happens to me sometimes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forest River Forums mobile app
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #3

Do you have 12 volts of power to the water heater? No blown fuses?
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #4

When I brought mine home in September the water heater would not work either. I open the pop off valve and no water came out. I them googled and found a suggestion that the water bypass valve was closed. I located it and sure enough it was closed and no water was in the water heater. I went by dealer and explained so they sent a tech out and the heater elements were toast so they replaced.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #5

Please post the brand/model of your water heater. Were you trying to heat with propane or electricity? If it is a Suburban 2-way, there would be a 120V breaker on your main power panel and a switch on the heater itself which is down for on and up for off. If you are trying to use gas, does your furnace and/or stove work?
First Mate = Xiangbing
Crew = Radar, NiuNiu & NaNa
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
Please post the brand/model of your water heater. Were you trying to heat with propane or electricity? If it is a Suburban 2-way, there would be a 120V breaker on your main power panel and a switch on the heater itself which is down for on and up for off. If you are trying to use gas, does your furnace and/or stove work?
From OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsme11 View Post
I am at my camp site and the hot water heater doesn't work on electric or gas.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsme11 View Post
I purchase this new in June 2017. From the beginning the hot water heater was not working. I just got it out of service they told me the tested everything and it all works as it should. It spent 2 weeks in service. I am at my camp site and the hot water heater doesn't work on electric or gas. Any suggeations?

Step by step. Is your water system pressurized by city water or pump ( but of course not both). Turn on hot faucets. Blow out any air. Go to the wh and lift the lever on the pressure blow off valve near the top. Be careful you can be scalded. If you blew the air out inside and there is still a bunch of air at the pressure relief valve then likely you are in winterizing bypass. If tank is full and water is at pressure relief valve check your gas. Your gas wh should have a indoor switch with a red light nearby. When switched on, light will light at least initially. Does water heat? For electric there may be a switch indoors or not. Either way, the Ac has to be turned on at the outside in left center.

Good luck and please left us know what you do to fix it

Tom
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, hot water, water, water heater