Old 05-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #1

2017 X-Lite

Good Afternoon. Hoping someone can help me. We have a Murphy Bed in our 2017 Wildwood X-Lite and where the bed is hinged to allow it to fold up there is an approx. 3" gap between the "wall" where the hinges are and the actual outside sloped wall at the front of the camper. We always assumed, incorrectly now we found out, that the gap was all part of the pass-through storage under the couch over which the bed folds down for sleeping. Recently something slipped off the end of the bed into that gap and when we attempted to go into the pass-through storage to retrieve what fell we found out that it is actually something akin to maybe a sub-floor type situation where the outside "wall" of the pass-through is where the bed hinges and then the space between that "wall" and the actual outside sloped wall of the camper goes down at least a few feet into a larger open space and it does not appear that we can access that space (which i THINK is below the pass-through storage) by any means at all. Has anyone ever lost anything in that space and been able to retrieve it without either cracking open the floor or accessing it somehow from underneath the trailer? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Phenix0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I can't help you but I'm sure someone on the forum will have the answer

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #3

I have the same style trailer (with the murphy bed). You did not say of the item was any type metal or size. If it metal a magnet would draw the lost item out.

Now, If you reach into the storage area to the front of the trailer you can determine how deep the floor over hang is (its not but 5")

You can remove the bed frame from the hing, lift it out and have complete access to that over hanging floor - lip area. You, of course, now have complete access to that front arera. While you are there suggestion, I placed a piece of 1/4" plywood completely across that lip area securing it to the floor. I had dropped a screwdriver back there and KNEW losing stuff in that area would be very hard to retrieve in the future, so I covered it.

hope that helps.

2018 Wildwood X-lite 230BHXL
2008 Ford F-150 5,4L
Florida.Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite