Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #1

2018 wildwood 231bkxl flooding

Hi all!
We took our new trailer out for her maiden voyage. Hooked up to city water and shortly after had water overflowing from the shower drain and all over our floor. Once we disconnected and just used the water already in the tank we were ok, everything functional for the last 24 hours of our trip. Came home, called the dealer. They thought maybe we hooked up to our black tank flush out, we did not. Also asked if we used a regulator and yes we did. Pretty much they wanted us to bring it in. I have been researching and I think I may have turned the water pump on BEFORE my husband turned it on to city water and then left it on by accident (I have 2 toddlers that had to pee, what can I say? ) . We followed a pattern of running the water and running the pump as detailed in another thread. Re connected to city water now doesn’t seem to be having the issue. Other thread stated we may have messed up the valve and this process we followed allegedly will fix it. Seems to be right. Anyone have any info on this? Sage wisdom? We just upgraded from our tiny clipper and it’s a little early in the game for us to ruin our new trailer! Thanks In advance!
gcboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. If you had turned on the pump and city water at the same time you may have run water past the pump check valve however that would have filled your fresh water tank to overflow. You had water coming out the shower drain which is connected to the waste system and not the fresh water. double check where you connected the city water it really sounds like it was connected to the tank flush and overflowed because of a common vent line allowing the gray tank to overfill. Let the forum know what you find
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I agree with SeaDog... sounds like you had the city water hose connected to the tank flush. You wouldn't be the first to have done that.

I also don't know about your particular unit but we learned here the other day that some R/Vs have a single water connection in the wet bay with selector valves for filling the fresh tank, tank flush and city water.

A photo of your connections might help.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

Definitely was not attached to the flush, we were on city water. The dealership thought the same thing :/ . What we do know is that what may have happened is I may have accidentally left the water pump on and then it got connected to the city water. Me and my 3 year old turned it on to flush the toilet when we first got there before we hooked up. I have been told that can close/open a valve?? But I’m still confused how there is a valve that can cause that to happen up through the shower which would be the gray. Still so confused about the whole thing!
gcboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

If indeed you hooked up to city water and not tank flush, I'm going to bet that something in the RV isn't plumbed properly.

If everything is plumbed correctly, the only way water would get into your grey tank is via the kitchen/bathroom sink/shower faucets to their respective drains, which I think you would see/hear. Or the toilet, which would have to fill the black tank before getting into the grey (which on some units isn't even possible), which I think you'd also see/hear.

Please be sure to come back and tell us what happened.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood