Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #1

2018 Wildwood 241QBXL Mistake or not?

Under the shower is a 12 by 14 inch cutout. You are able to see the plastic membrane under the camper through the cutout and some daylight. Can this be normal? I am also having mice problems. Should I take this to the dealer or is it normal. I am still under warranty but noway to tow it to dealer. Anyone else ever look through the access panel under the shower and notice this? I am not very handy so for me this is a big issue. I would not know how to patch this cutout. Do you think that all these models have this hole under the shower?
tomahawk246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #2

Some have bigger some smaller but all have some sort of opening to allow the piping to exit the shower and floor. the mouse problem is a different issue with tons of ways to eliminate them most involving sealing the underside of your rig.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #3

With a hole that size, I am not sure it is a different problem. I have been sealing all the little holes hoping to solve the mice problem then I find this big opening. The opening must be sealed or I am wasting time with the little holes. All the openings are being sealed in the camper, the under carriage has plastic all over the bottom and I do not want to disturb the plastic. I am shocked that they leave an opening that size on a brand new camper.
tomahawk246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Some have bigger some smaller but all have some sort of opening to allow the piping to exit the shower and floor. the mouse problem is a different issue with tons of ways to eliminate them most involving sealing the underside of your rig.
100% on point! Bigger issue may be to bridge the area under the "Shower Floor" Youroo!!
Old 02-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
Duf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk246 View Post
Under the shower is a 12 by 14 inch cutout. You are able to see the plastic membrane under the camper through the cutout and some daylight. Can this be normal? I am also having mice problems. Should I take this to the dealer or is it normal. I am still under warranty but noway to tow it to dealer. Anyone else ever look through the access panel under the shower and notice this? I am not very handy so for me this is a big issue. I would not know how to patch this cutout. Do you think that all these models have this hole under the shower?

We have the 2019 version and last fall was the first time we winterized it. I opened anything that I could to check for holes. Had a big one under the shower pan too! I was able to put some thick rubber mat I had to block must of it. And some expending foam. So far so good! (Knock on wood!)
Duf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood