Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #1

2019 Heritage Glenn 378FL - First Time Winterizing

This will be the first time winterizing a camper for me. I have done boats for a long time with fresh and waste water systems. My plan is to drain the fresh water tank and then pump antifreeze into that and then use the fresh water pump to pump the antifreeze throughout the system. The part that is foreign to me is reading about low point drains. I obviously need to find these and open them to drain anti freeze through them. Can anyone tell me where I should begin to look for these? Any other winterization tips I should be aware of?
WavRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #2

Yes your drains and pea traps.
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

If you understand boats, you understand RV's. Not sure what you mean by low point drains, the pea traps you can just use RV anti freeze as opposed to draining them.

I myself take a different approach to winterizing, same that I've used for a decade on boats and RV's. The only place I use anti freeze is as mentioned above. The rest I use air, have yet to experience a problem.
iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #4

you should have a hot and cold low point drain coming out the under belly just like your fresh water over flow and drain. my 2016 heritage glen is clearly marked with stickers on the side of unit and you just have to bend over and look under. I like to drain, blow out lines with air compressor and then add the pink stuff. Never have an issue if you do all that. also add a little pink to sink p traps and toilet.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavRidr View Post
My plan is to drain the fresh water tank and then pump antifreeze into that and then use the fresh water pump to pump the antifreeze throughout the system
I'm not familiar with your 378FL, but don't add antifreeze to your freshwater tank and pump through system from there. You should be able to add a bypass, if it doesn't already exist, so you can pump directly from the jug of antifreeze. Google/Youtube search on winterizing. As others have said, I've used compressed air for years. Just hook a compressor to the city water connection, google/youtube this as well, takes only a couple of minutes. Then add antifreeze to the p-traps and toilet.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, winter