Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2019, 11:42 PM   #1

2019 Wildwood - no propane or CO detector?

I'm hearing it's law but I can't find anything concrete.

My 2019 Wildwood x-lite did not come with a propane or CO detector. I can't find one.

Am I missing it entirely? I would think it's pretty obvious near the ground. Maybe it's not law? Or was it overlooked?
thulfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #2
Commercial Member

thulfs,

We would be happy to assist you with this question. Please contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #3

I believe they are required by rv "code" little black box down by the floor. gotta be hiding somewhere.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
Site Team

They can also be white or ivory.

You don't say which model X-Lite you have so it's just going to be a guess where it may be located.

If you'll post your model someone may be able to tell you where to begin looking.

I looked at a couple of units and the LP detector was near the bunks in those units. They look different than in the past. They're smaller and don't protrude from the wall as far.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:55 AM   #5

Since Propane is heavier than air it will be located near the floor at the lowest point in your camper. Most I have seen are near or actually attached to the kitchen cabinets about 6" off the floor.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #6

ReTired1stTimer

in my CruiseLite 171RBXL mine is also attached to the shelving that holds the sink near the bottom of the cabinet a couple of inches off the floor. mine is black in color. we have a shelf extender at the end of the cabinet where the sink is, and we usually keep that out, the shelf extender, so as not to kick the unit, the propane detector, as it almost reaches to the end of our Murphy bed when its in the down position. have not had any problems with it yet.

Tags
propane, wildwood