Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #1

27rlss hitch height

Question regarding the hitch height on this trailer. Does anyone know what the height is from the ground to the coupler? I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with an 8" lift and 37's and I currently run a 8" drop with my WDH and the trailer is nose up. My hitch on my truck is at 27.75". My trailer is on a slanted drive way so I cannot get an accurate measurement without breaking the trailer out. So anyone know?
TWILLIAMS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

TWILLIAMS9,

If I understand you correctly, you're wanting to find out what the coupling height is when the trailer is level so you can match the drop on your hitch so that the trailer pulls level when attached. Complicating that the trailer is on a slanted driveway.

I assume the trailer is not attached to the truck, so what you could do is to raise or lower the tongue jack until the frame of the trailer is the same height when measured at the front and rear. This will give you the tongue height, then you can deduce the hitch drop requirement to be level. don't forget to take into account any suspension squatting of the truck.

Mike
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch