Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #1

2nd year Warranty option

Our dealer when we purchased our 2011 Wildwood TT 26TBSS, said their warranty is "one better" than the manufacturer's 2nd year warranty option. The salesman told me Forest River's 2nd year warranty option is $600 and doesnt over anything different than the 5 year service contract HE tried selling us for $1700. He also didnt know how to get a hold of the 2nd year warranty form, as he doesnt have a clue about it. We bought our TT yesterday on 12/22 and I would like to know if I should call Forest River or what?

My husband heard of the 2nd year warranty by viewing these forums but I do not know how to get the form to send in to them?

Thanks!
journeywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #2

On the Internet look up Forest River Warranty Form. Then scroll down to Optional Protection Plan - Forest River, Inc. Additional 12-Month ...
http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pd

This is where the form is with cost
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think I would be tempted to report this dealer to Forest River. Forest River should know about dealers that don't follow the rules.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #4

Thanks for the internet link for the warranty! I will print it out today and get it out in the mail. And I just may report this dealer to FR and let them know what this dealer thought of their warranty and how much the dealer said it was-as I see now, on the FR link for the warranty info it is $150 not $600.

Thank you both
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #5

I would be interested in what your dealer has to say after you show him the warranty is actually only $150.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #6

I did find the contact Warranty person at Forest River for Wildwood TT's:
I also left him a message to contact me regarding the 2nd year warranty, and I will most definitely mention our experience at the dealer trying to get the info. re: this warranty option.

Jerry Meyers
(574) 534-3167
Forest River Wildwood Warranty Representative
Old 12-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #7

Our dealer didn't tell us about the 2nd year warranty, but I had read about it on line. And yes the dealer tried to sell us his own warranty.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #8

Our dealer did not tell me about the FR 2nd yr option OR offer me an extended warranty I also found out about the warranty after reading about it an a forum. Even though it was 6 months after purchase, FR was nice enough to accept my money and allow me to utilize the 2nd year option on my Roo. Figured I may need it for the ZX-75...already replaced once.

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #9

FYI

Jerry meyers, the warranty guy at Forest River for wildwood, called me back w/in 1/2 hour of my message that I left him. I did report our RV/TT dealer & warranty salesman to him and he said he couldn't believe they were saying the mfg. warranty was useless and that they told us it was $600-700; that they are trying to make a "mark up" on it didnt sit well with the FR warranty rep. He is going to report the dealership and the warranty salesman we dealt with to his General Manager and have him take it up with the dealer because he said that is not allowed; every dealer that sells FR products should be informing customers of the 2nd option for $150 and not be verbally bashing it either. He did tell me too that those extended warranty's the dealer sells you are not good because he gets calls from people who have bought the extended 5 year from dealerships end up with repairs from service centers that do shoddy work and do not stand by their repairs, and then those customers end up having to pay FR to fix it.

Thank you mtnguy for telling me to inform FR.

I also did call the dealer back and my saleslady said she would send me to the warranty guy and instead she transferred me to someone else we didnt deal with so I do not know what his reaction would be to find out that the price is really $150 since I couldnt get transferred to him, yesterday they were all helpful and nice, and today, I cant get back in touch with the warranty person who was attempting to screw us. I hope FR sticks it to him.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
Enjoying Member

I don't know how another warranty could be better than the factory warranty which covers everything. I guess if he was referring to the 3rd or 4th years he might have a point. The only thing better than the 2nd year at $150 would be a 3rd or 4th year from FR at the same yearly rate.

Happy Holidays and Enjoy that new rig

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottnKimmer View Post
I don't know how another warranty could be better than the factory warranty which covers everything. I guess if he was referring to the 3rd or 4th years he might have a point. The only thing better than the 2nd year at $150 would be a 3rd or 4th year from FR at the same yearly rate.

Happy Holidays and Enjoy that new rig
I'll second that. Everything includes the exterior (delamination issues anyone?) which is not included with the dealerships extended warranty. Ask me how I know... Granted the dealership warranty is much longer, it still isn't as comprehensive as the manufacturers'. I wish the option for a 3rd, 4th and 5th year from the manufacturer was there...

happy camping,
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #12

Where can I find OEM replacement parts for my Forrest River SilverBack 5th Wheel?
kmlmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlmoose View Post
Where can I find OEM replacement parts for my Forrest River SilverBack 5th Wheel?
since this is your first post, you need to start your own thread for your question, instead of piggybacking on a thread related to the FR 2nd year warranty.
that way you'll get more responses.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood