Old 08-04-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
Camper

31KQBTS Information thread

I just took delivery on a 2017 31KQBTS and am finding some of the provided manuals and documentation has much to be desired. There was a sheet with the last 6 of my vin with all the included equipment serial numbers but not all the model numbers. Example, the slide out mechanism. The Lippert manual has a section for 3 different electric slide out mechanisms but the build sheet only lists a serial number so I have no idea which slide out I have. I did some google'ing and I think it is the Lippert through frame mechanism. I sent Wildwood customer service and email and they indicated if I have tubes under the slide it is through frame. Well there are no tubes. There are 2 track with exposed teeth under the slides. Is that considered a tube? IDK.

Some of this is just FYI info for anyone researching the unit.

So lets start a thread where we can collect this type of info for current and future owners.

TV mounting? In the Living area and Master Bedroom, can a swivel mount be screwed right to the board that is there or does it need some extra support? It seems a bit thin to throw a couple 1" screws in there and have the TV not fall off during travel. In the bunk house, do you just put a standing TV or mount to the back wall? The only support i found there is the wall stub between the outlet and coax jack.

Slide mechanism - is it the Lippert Through Frame?

Inverter - The build sheet lists Xantrex 1200. I checked it physically last night and it is a Xantrex Freedom X. I did not see a Freedom X 1200 on the Xantrex site and there is no manual in the included documents.

Waste Valves - I noticed there is a second black tank waste valve up behind the drivers side tires. Seems a bit odd but in the event your black tank won't drain is may be the "secret" valve. LOL

Cable/Satellite connections - One above the other. Which is which?

Fuse panel - Located on the back wall in the bunk house but you can not get to it unless the slide in the drivers side is out. Is there a fuse for the slide up front by the batteries? If the slide fuse is in the fuse panel how do you get to it if the fuse is blown and the slide is in?

Bunk House interior door - it opens into the bunk house but the drivers side slide blocks it shut if the slide is in. Can't get in the room with the slide closed. I might change this to a curtain.

Spare Tire - not included. It is a option. Not sure if it is a factory or dealer option.

Water heater bypass valves - They are behind a panel under the sink. You need a second elbow joint to get to them. I am going to make that panel under the sink removable with magnets latches.

Lippert Remote control - There is a light bulb button on it. When I press it I hear a click but do not see any lights turning on and off. Is it supposed to do anything?

LED awning lights - No matter what you do on the remote every other led stays white unless the whole thing is turned off. The switch inside turns on the LED awning lights, every other led will turn on white. Then the remote control can turn on the remaining leds and make them flash and change the colors. The remote has no effect on the every other white leds. Seems odd to me. If I want the lights blue then they should all turn blue, not every other led stays white and the in between ones turn blue. Who thought that one up?

Propane cylinders - My unit came with 2 20lb cylinders, not the typical 30lb cylinders found on the tongue of a travel trailer. Maybe this is because of the 2 residential refrigerators. IDK

Passenger side fold up bunk - When folding the bunk up for storage take the mattress off and place it on the bunk above. Otherwise the mattress will curl on one side and not lay flat when opened.

Low Point Drains - There is a tube just in front if the passenger side tires with a valve on it. I think this is the fresh water tank drain. Then in the back drivers side corner there are 2 pex pipes that stick down. One red and one blue. They have white caps on them, no valves. I was told these are the low point drains for the hot and cold water lines. I guess they don't use valves anymore, just some caps you have to unscrew to pliers to drain? IDK, maybe there are some valves inside the unit behind one of the drawers against the back wall in the bunk house? The first unit I looked at had a second drain tube by the fresh water drain. No one could tell me what it was for or why it was missing on this unit.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Camper

I found this on the Freedom X inverter. It seems to jive with the 1200 on the build sheet but I still don't have a manual or real specs on it. There is a jack on the side of it, maybe for a remote head. That might be useful to see the status of the inverter without popping yourself into the outside storage.

About Xantrex -- News Releases > Xantrex / Schneider Electric to unveil a new power solution for residential AC fridge at the National RV Tradeshow
Quote:
Burnaby, BC, Monday, November 28, 2016

BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA – November 28, 2016 – Schneider Electric, parent of Xantrex is gearing up to unveil Freedom X inverter, specifically engineered to operate residential AC fridge in recreational vehicles (RVs). With 1200 watts of continuous sine wave power, the Freedom X will run a full size residential fridge, microwave, coffee maker, blender, small space heater and more.

“The design of Freedom X, while inspired by the recent proliferation and demand for AC-powered appliances in RVs, is unique because the features have been optimized based on feedback from RV manufacturers. Through this consultation the Freedom X wastes no cost, minimizes installation time and materials while delivering performance and quality that can be relied on.”, said Richard Gaudet, Vice President of Xantrex business at Schneider Electric.

The easily accessible, quick-connect AC input and output terminals make Freedom X installation a breeze on the factory assembly line. The Freedom X easily passes hipot test from line to the load eliminating the unnecessary disconnect and reconnection of the inverter during production. A key enhancement on the Freedom X is the improved robustness against accidental reverse polarity damage.

The extended surge rating of the Freedom X enables it to effortlessly start compressors and other demanding motor loads. The Freedom X is housed in a heavy duty industrial metal casing and is equipped with conformal coated circuit boards, built-in transfer relay and hardwire capability.

“The Freedom X will be in action at the National RV Tradeshow. Visit our booth 415 to learn more. In addition to the Freedom X, we will also display our new Lithium Ion technology and demonstrate how a Xantrex solution can run air conditioning without a generator or shorepower,” added Gaudet.

Note the Freedom X is available to RV manufacturers only at this time. For trade inquiries, please email steve.carlson@schneider-electric.com.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Cable/Satellite connections - One above the other. Which is which?
It shouldn't matter which one, just use the matching connection inside.

Quote:
Fuse panel - Located on the back wall in the bunk house but you can not get to it unless the slide in the drivers side is out. Is there a fuse for the slide up front by the batteries? If the slide fuse is in the fuse panel how do you get to it if the fuse is blown and the slide is in?
As a 30QBSS owner, I have been wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Propane cylinders - My unit came with 2 20lb cylinders, not the typical 30lb cylinders found on the tongue of a travel trailer. Maybe this is because of the 2 residential refrigerators. IDK
2 20lb tanks is pretty normal
CamperWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #4
Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperWill View Post
It shouldn't matter which one, just use the matching connection inside.
That would be great if they were labelled. One is above the other and there is a sticker between them that says "Cable/Satellite" Great, which is which? And they are not labelled inside either.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #5

Quote:
That would be great if they were labelled. One is above the other and there is a sticker between them that says "Cable/Satellite" Great, which is which? And they are not labelled inside either.
Unfortunately it's trial and error, haven't seen a single camper where it was labeled or setup properly.
CamperWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
Camper

Also the satellite connection only goes to the living room tv. Cable goes to all 3 locations.
It should be labelled properly.

Slides - I crawled under after work, it was a little dark. I did find some self resetting breakers and a fuse behind the batteries under the front if the trailer. I am not sure what they do yet, assuming the slides.
It also looks like I have the through frame slide mechanisms. The motors are under the trailer and there is a hole in the side of the body to bring the slide sin or out manually. You will need a long socket extension if you are going to use the access hole with a drill. I will probably get a swivel socket and short extension to just do it from under the trailer.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
Camper

I found more self resetting 12v breakers near each slide and stabilizer motors. These things are all over the place.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #8
Camper

Lippert Wireless Remote - I have the Lippert 3rd Generation IDS Wireless system. I found some info about the system, diagrams and programming instructions as well as part number. 2 pdf files attached.

TV Mounting - The living room and master bedroom TV mounting panels have real plywood backing. Looks like 1/2", maybe 9/16. I did not measure it.
The openings are the following sizes:
Living room - 42 x 26 3/4
Master bedroom - 40 1/2 x 27 5/8
Bunk house - 39 3/8 x 22 3/4
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert IDS.pdf (2.33 MB, 36 views)
File Type: pdf Lippert IDS Programming.pdf (412.5 KB, 31 views)

Old 08-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #9
Camper

2 Gray Tanks - At first I was under the impression one gray tank was for the bath sink and shower and the other was for the kitchen sink. I was a bit annoyed that they had separate drain connections, one under the middle of the rear slide. I crawled around the bottom this morning and checked it out.
The tanks are split as follows :
The front gray tank is for the kitchen and bath sinks as well as the shower.
The rear gray tank is for the outside kitchen sink only! I don't think I will be draining it too often so the split drains and its location under the middle of the rear slide is not as big of a deal as I initially thought.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #10
Camper

Shower Walls - I noticed the shower walls are the same as the rest of the trailer walls. In my old trailer there was a plastic shower surround. Are these same walls as the rest of the trailer water proof??? I hope so.

TV Mounting - What is everyone using to mount their TVs? Just 1.5" #10 pan head screws into the 1/2" plywood backer? Drilling holes with toggle bolts?