Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #1

31qbud antenna problems

Have a 2014 31qbud heritage glen and am having a issue with my antenna. From talking to several friends who have similar antennas when searching for over air tv there antennas will rotate. My does not and have contacted my dealer and they are very useless and am blaming problem on me. Have only tried to use this once so I have done nothing. And I also have no manual for my camper or antenna to search to see what the problem is. Thanks in advance.
hillyer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #2

I have a new heritage Glen and my antenna doesn't rotate either. I don't even have a handle on the ceiling to rotate it, however it seems to be a better, more powerful antenna with a booster so it doesn't need to rotate. This might be the same senerio with yours? Does yours in fact have a handle on the ceiling to raise/lower and rotate it?
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #3

Correct. Forest River switched over to installing an omni-directional antenna so it's stationary. The unit on my Heritage Glen is one from Continu.us:

Continu.us
Old 03-20-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

I have an x-lite with (I'm pretty sure) is the same exact antenna and they are junk. Non adjustable, and have the "boost" that doesn't really seem to help. I'm lucky if when we go camping if I get 1 channel.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I have an x-lite with (I'm pretty sure) is the same exact antenna and they are junk. Non adjustable, and have the "boost" that doesn't really seem to help. I'm lucky if when we go camping if I get 1 channel.
Ours isn't bad, but our prior Winegard Sensar was better by a lot. However, some of your reception problem could be the coax cable. Our new TT was one where the connections at the booster plate were backwards, and during troubleshooting I found that there was excessive loss in the cable from the Continu.us unit - you can get to the coax at the antenna by just removing the bolt and lifting up. I found that during install the cable was pinched by a tight kink. Fortunately, there was just enough slack where I could cut the pinch out and put on a new connector and get the antenna back on with the help of DW's piano-playing fingers versus my meat hooks.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
Site Team

Agree with previous comments. Antenna design rules show this to be an inefficient omnidirectional antenna. Actual experience confirms this. If good TV reception is important recommend you consider a Jack Antenna
King Controls OA8200 White Jack Antenna with SureLock

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
...If good TV reception is important recommend you consider a Jack Antenna
King Controls OA8200 White Jack Antenna with SureLock
Can vouch for the Jack Antenna, it works better flat on the roof than the batwing raised and pointing at the stations.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:29 PM   #8

I have an omni and get 3 stations 60 miles from chicago with about 3 channels each with the boost on

Wildwood 241QBXL
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna

« tv mount | odd leak »