Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 12:48 AM   #1

32BHDS Sink Cover, does it exist?

Hello all,
Just brought home our new TT we upgraded from a Salem Le 29BHSS to a Wilwood 32BHDS. Love it. We are trying to find a sink cover 24x16 but can't find one online. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2364.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	493.7 KB
ID:	134780   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2373.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	134781   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2372.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	134782  
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:03 AM   #2

look for the manufacturer name and sink model number. Should be a sticker on bottom or back of sink. Might need to use your phone to take a picture of it to see. Then contact the manufacturer to order a sink cover. I did this with a prior trailer 3 years ago.
ksignoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTx View Post
Hello all,
Just brought home our new TT we upgraded from a Salem Le 29BHSS to a Wilwood 32BHDS. Love it. We are trying to find a sink cover 24x16 but can't find one online. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Dan
Is that the Sink Cover that came with your New unit? That looks like the Optional LG Solid Surface Counter Top! Youroo!!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:08 AM   #4
Site Team

Some members have made their own sink covers which could be an option if you are not able to find a premade cover.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #5

Thank you

Thanks all I'll see what I can find
Old 04-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #6

Yes it's the solid countertop with under mount sink.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #7

Hit up one of your local countertop makers and see if they have some scrap of the same style that you or they could trim to the right size. much cheaper then getting from mfg.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #8

Sink cover

Fyi. I owned a similar Wildwood model a few years back and ordered one online thru Camping World that was close to the similar dimension of the sink. And then carefully with a jig saw and a blade made for plastic cut to shape of sink opening. Make a template out of cardboard. And then once cut to size lightly sand the edges with a finer grit sandpaper. Hope this help
justpassinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Some members have made their own sink covers which could be an option if you are not able to find a premade cover.
This probably the quickest and cheapest option. The stock ones on my Concord are on the thin side and have warped. I have a 3/4 HDPE cutting board that is large enough to cut down to size. I can cut it on a band saw then rout the edges down so it drops right into place.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #10

Got one coming from forest river to my dealer. They would not sell direct nor would the sink manufacturer Dehco.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #11

I made my own with plexiglass

you could also try to find solid surface counter to color match but it would be heavier and probably more expensive

I made mine in 2 pieces to match the double sink... this way you can leave one side open and use the other side for counter space.

they plexiglass is slightly lower than the counter, but this helps to make sure any water that might get on the cover drains into the sink.

There is enough flex in the plexi that I didn't need to drill finger holes... just push down at the middle to grab the adjacent cover.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #12

That looks nice, good job! I have one on order from forest river via my RV dealer. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosu04 View Post

you could also try to find solid surface counter to color match but it would be heavier and probably more expensive

I made mine in 2 pieces to match the double sink... this way you can leave one side open and use the other side for counter space.

they plexiglass is slightly lower than the counter, but this helps to make sure any water that might get on the cover drains into the sink.

There is enough flex in the plexi that I didn't need to drill finger holes... just push down at the middle to grab the adjacent cover.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosu04 View Post

Nice job on that.
ray98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, sink