Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

356 QBQ tub

Hello, I purchased a 2015 HG qbq last spring. I've been reading a lot of your posts and do find everything very helpful. So far here's what issues I have had.
1. My dining room table post were so wiggly! We tried to tighten ourselves. They had to replace the screws with longer ones. Seems fine so far.
2. The awning started to pull away from the camper. They tightened it for us.
3. Hallway window outside master bath. The little clips on both sides snapped off. They were replaced.
4. Hood light over the stove kept blowing fuses. We were told a pinched wire need to be respliced.
5. Out side kitchen sink would overflow. They said they fixed the issue, but we haven't had it hooked up to water to test it.
6. The clasp to hold the outside kitchen door is to short. While driving it popped open. It was clasped and locked, but still popped open. Dealer tightened the screw, but it still pops. I have requested a 1/4 " longer clasp.
7. My underbelly ripped off. I saw another owner state don't travel with full water tank. Mine was empty. I only stopped because I saw the kitchen door pop open, and wanted to cry when I saw the entire under exposed! The dealer replaced this, and added a reinforcement. Just to note, we don't really travel with this trailer. We own property 3.5 hours from the city. We tow it here Memorial Day, back home 10/01. This bottom fell off driving home. That was this fifthwheel a second trip.
8. We had to have some cabinets repaired as well. Wear and tear from being a display model I guess. Dealer repaired all nicks and handles.
9. My biggest issues. The back bathtub! It leaks. Terribly. We have tried everything. We bought an accordion style door. Still leaked. Removed the door, added baby splash guards. Still leaked. Removed them. I caulked the entire tub, still leaks. I hung two shower curtains for reinforcement. Still leaks. The interior lip on the actual tub is taller the the flat part of the tub, so any water what's over rolls out onto the floor. I'm at a loss. They say it's not broke, so they can't fix it. It's completely non functional. My 18 y/o took a quick rinse and there was a river thru the bunk house. Anyone else have a solution? I'm convinced the tub insert is flawed/warped/or installed backwards...
Thank you!
HickeyFam
HickeyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Pictures of the tub and the problem may help us come up with a solution for you.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll get some photos and upload them.
HickeyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:15 PM   #4

I bought the corner splash guards and installed them so the corner goes to the edge of the tub and seems to have fixed it. It is a horrible design.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #5

Tfort,
Thanks for the idea, we have only been able to use the rear tub for our youngest, everytime oldest tried it ended bad. Once it gets back from warranty work I'll have to get these installed
KIPKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #6

I just got mine back from getting warranty work done. I will try to get a picture of it and put it up next week. The biggest problem I found is they only make them in white and clear. I had to find spray paint that matched the tub and paint it. The first time I installed them I did not put them on to the tub edge and had the same result of water in the floor. I took them off and ran the corner so it would drain back into the tub and it seems to have fixed it.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote