Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #1

356qbq

I went out to let our dog out in our fenced in area tonight and heard something that sounded like water dripping. So I looked at it was coming out from under the rig right under the bathtub in the back bathroom. I was filling it up for our stepsons bath at the time. Will look tomorrow to see what's the problem during daylight hours but wondering if anyone else has come across this issue in their model that's like mine?

Visit my blog:https://www.rvlifemilitarystyle.blogspot.com

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Angelbunnie13182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #2

I had the same problem, the fitting in the bath tub was loose and the plywood under the bath tub it was cut a little to big making it hard to tighten. What they did they cut the plywood and tighten the fitting and the leaking stopped
mario_bovio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:46 PM   #3

We are looking at purchasing a new 2014Heritage Glen 356QBQ. Forest River aren't very popular in our area and I have some doubts about the make. After reading some of the posts on the 356qbq specifically Im a bit worried. Not sure if it would be a wise buy???? Any opinions and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
paullfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullfam View Post
We are looking at purchasing a new 2014Heritage Glen 356QBQ. Forest River aren't very popular in our area and I have some doubts about the make. After reading some of the posts on the 356qbq specifically Im a bit worried. Not sure if it would be a wise buy???? Any opinions and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
This is our 1st RV. I chose it mainly because of the layout. Although there are some things that I would change I think that is to be said with any RV. Not all are going to be made perfectly. Especially with the price point these RV's are at. So for example, we are going to be taking down the bottom sheet of insulation this summer and wrapping the pipes individually so the back bathroom pipes don't freeze during the winter. Luckily our winter hasn't been so bad so it's only happened 1x. But I would just keep that in mind. No matter what RV you get things are going to have to be adjusted. But overall I am happy with this RV.

BTW. Turns out the leak was my fault. I had replaced the caulking/sealant around the drain in the tub. Guess I did it with something crappy because it wasn't holding and the water from the tub was draining into the underneath and then out the rv. I just got some better sealant and wala! It is fixed!

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelbunnie13182 View Post
This is our 1st RV. I chose it mainly because of the layout. Although there are some things that I would change I think that is to be said with any RV. Not all are going to be made perfectly. Especially with the price point these RV's are at. So for example, we are going to be taking down the bottom sheet of insulation this summer and wrapping the pipes individually so the back bathroom pipes don't freeze during the winter. Luckily our winter hasn't been so bad so it's only happened 1x. But I would just keep that in mind. No matter what RV you get things are going to have to be adjusted. But overall I am happy with this RV.

BTW. Turns out the leak was my fault. I had replaced the caulking/sealant around the drain in the tub. Guess I did it with something crappy because it wasn't holding and the water from the tub was draining into the underneath and then out the rv. I just got some better sealant and wala! It is fixed!
What have you done to keep your outside kitchen water lines from freezing? I have been living in mine since April and so far so good. I did disconnect the duct free the rear bathroom and let it blow into the underbelly. No frozen lines down to 15 degrees since then.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman1994 View Post
What have you done to keep your outside kitchen water lines from freezing? I have been living in mine since April and so far so good. I did disconnect the duct free the rear bathroom and let it blow into the underbelly. No frozen lines down to 15 degrees since then.
Well so far we haven't done anything. I didn't learn until it was to late that we should pull the underbelly cover off and insulate all the pipes individually which we plan on doing with warmer weather. Obviously with colder temps its too long of a job to do now with winter half way over. Our bathroom pipes have froze a few times, and our kitchen sink at least 2x. When it dips down into lower temps now we just keep the faucet dripping at night and that seems to work just fine.

🌺 Christina LaPlaca 🌺
Old 01-23-2015, 12:41 AM   #7

Thanks for your reply and insight. We have to decide very soon what to buy and its not getting any easier!!! Thanks again, Ed
paullfam is offline   Reply With Quote