Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #11

Got our 356qbq Friday and spent the weekend at fort Meyers beach.96 degrees and one a c would not have been enough. Still got a little warm in main unit. Didn't have a fan to blow the second ac into the main room but it was down right chilly in the bed room. So as sun went down we shut off the second ac and it handled everything and shut off on a regular basis.only got 12-13 mpg going home .i was hoping for better. Could not find any major problems with unit just the p trap leaked from compression ring not being seated correctly. We had the fantastic fans installed in the two bathrooms can't wait to use them.....

Old 08-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #12

12-13 mpg is pretty good considering how big the HG is.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #13

356qbq

The mileage really surprised me for sure but I don't drive or own a truck of that size so I feared much worse. Just a note on the backroom experiences we have had. The lower bunk dropped on the kitchen end after 3-4 youngsters sat or bounced a bit on it two connectors screws sheared off. I did a quick fix the day it happened with a cleat along the length of the wall but it has torn the screws away as well without many bodies on it..only one using it. The fix I hope will be to try get fastened to the wall again hitting a framing member with something more solid than the #8 sized screws that were there originally....and I have placed some 7 1/4 inch blocks under each end of the bed and the center to add some support in the meantime. Will try and find out from FR exactly where the framing members are located in the bunkroom pop out but that might be a challenge to as I can't seem to find a contact us number or email question window on their site. If anyone has experience with this please advise. The only other things we have done are installed drawer guides for the two under seat storage drawers which really didn't take much time at all or that much work either.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #14

Forest river main # 574-296-7700. They can transfer you to the wildwood branch. I called them the other day for some info in stain colors and they were helpful.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #15

I am looking at purchasing this same camper. What tow vehicle are you using?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewb5025 View Post
I am looking at purchasing this same camper. What tow vehicle are you using?
I use a '12 ram 3500 dually, cummins diesel