Old 07-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #1

368RLBHK A/C not cooling

So I just picked up my 2016 trailer in Texas and parked it at a RV park to break it in and get used to everything kind of a shake out Cruise before I leave on the road Thursday. After setting it up and turn the AC on I noticed that 4 hours later after the sun went down it just started to cool off. Even though I had it set at 68 with the blinds closed the air coming out of the units didn't feel cold at all. I got up on the roof and the compressors were working and not iced up and condensation was running freely all good signs has anybody else had a problem with this? Do you think they need to have more Freon put in? (R12).

StressedVines Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #2

Mine is doing the same thing. On first 2 trips the outside temp. Was in the lower 90's and it did fine. Blowing 47 out the ducts. On 3rd trip highs were in the upper ,90's and heat index over 100. I think the heat index is the culprit. It will blow 47 out ducts until hottest part of day, then on 60 out ducts. Same as your situation, soon as sun starts going down, it improves. It's also hard to cool down when a/c in turned on in middle of day. I'm going to put up reflective covers in Windows to help it out. It also will help to turn on the ceiling vent fan to help draw out the hot air and don't open doors too often.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #3

👍 👍 👍 👍
StressedVines Wine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling