Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 04:06 PM   #1

About to purchase 26tbss FRWW TT!

And I have some questions.....

My wife and I are brand new to the camping world and we found a 2016 Forest River Wildwood Travel Trailer today and we got a final price for it and we are satisfied with it. I have a hold on it till Monday, but I need to know what kind of quality these things are. I have had no luck what so ever finding reviews on these newer ones.

Don't defend them if you have one please, I just want honest answers that way we don't make a huge regret!

It seems like a great travel trailer with all the features, and all the extra goodies that come "free" with it like wireless remote for awning and slide out, and various other things. And the triple bunk with be great when my daughter is older and has friends come

Sorry for the book I typed! And I appreciate any and all info/ opinions! Thank you
Bowtieguy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #2

Here is the camper we will be purchasing if I receive good reviews here.. this is the one we walked through and really really liked so I'm hoping for the best here

2016 Forest River 26TBSS Stock: RV5518 | Arbogast RV
Old 08-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #3

I cannot speak for the newer ones, but I can tell you that the 2008 26TBSS that we have has served us very well. The triple bunks were one of the biggest selling points along with the huge slideout. It's the perfect size for us and has held up really well.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #4

That's still good new, even if it might be a little older. I only found horrible reviews on forest river products. So it had me a little worried! But thank you for the input!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #5

If you have not done so already, make sure that you do a complete pre delivery check and check all of the systems using both shore power and only battery. There are some really good threads on here that go in depth on what to look for, what to check, etc. during a pre delivery check. It is much easier having the dealer fix the issue before delivery than it is after you have taken delivery!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:26 PM   #6

If I sign the papers on Monday the delivery would happen then, or the day after from what I got of it. And I'll have to check for those threads because I know little things to look for but not near as much as I need to know.

I'll keep thinking of questions so near with me hear. Lol. First, what the heck are the abreviations for these? Like the one I'm looking at. 26tbss?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #7

The wife and I just purchased a 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS we have been on Three trips in a month and a half, it's so far been great. It had a few bugs in it but that is to be expected at the price point a Wildwood is. I think it's a good TT for the money. I've had a Silver Eagle Bus, Class A, 5th wheel and a pop up. So far I like this TT better than the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2015, 10:05 PM   #8

That's great news jimmy! I really want to follow through with the purchase, but I just seem to have bad luck with buying things. Not to mention all the comments on poor warranty/ customer service I continue reading about on here about Forest River! Guess they make more everyday, right? haha
Old 08-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #9

As far as the model numbers go, the 26TBSS means 26 feet in length, Triple Bunk, Super Slide.
coldbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #10

good looking camper
locogk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #11

Of course you hear a lot of the negative, because that's what gets people fired up. The people with absolutely no problems don't even need to read this forum. We have never yet purchased new so no dealer doing pdi. Just us. Make sure you and they run every system. Fill fresh water. Run every sink long and hard. Run 20 gallons though the toilet and then drain it to be sure it drains. Crawl under everything to check for leaks. One of the saddest stories I've read on here is a bathroom sink that was leaking and nobody has ever used it to know that until water was running under and coming out the bottom covering. The dealer would have jerked them around for three visits and eight weeks waiting for parts. They got lucky and the system honored payment for an independent who worked until he found it. Give every system that kind of work out before you drive off the lot.
Good luck I will be sitting in my 9 yr old toy hauler being jealous.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #12

Ohhh ok the abreviations make some sense now! Haha
And I think so too! I'm hoping to be getting it but he is really rushing it all on us saying we have to sign papers tomorrow (very first time even looking for a camper yesterday). He said to get the end of month price we have to sign tomorrow and my wife won't even be able to be there. Guess I'm going to see how bad they want that sale and make them wait till we can both make it!

Also after everyone's help and other threads I'm gonna need substantial time to inspect it!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #13

Just saw your reply Tom, and thanks for your input! Yeah I plan on going through a nice long walk through with them. And being brand new they are sure as hell gonna have to show me how to do everything! Ha. And at least you'll be sitting in a camper enjoying it!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #14

l only had a small sheet of paper & pen at the walk thru ... bring every extra set of listening ears, possibly video the walk thru, write everything down & then camp nearby next weekend so you can head right in after you've used it the first time to get things tweaked ...
We don't have your model but love ours for the price we paid & love our dealership ...upright guys @ Register in Brooksville, FL .... Have FUN!!!

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #15

We have a 2014 wildwood 26tbss. We enjoy our camper a great deal. Recommended having a black water tank flush out hose installed. Without this hose we need to open the slide to excess the bathroom when emptying the black water tank at a dump station.
jaba1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #16

I look at how many satisfied customers vs disgruntled. It's impossible to have 100% satisfaction there are people that are negative and just look for bad and couldn't be pleased no matter what. These folks have legitimate complaints no doubt about it but I think the good outweighs the bad. I could complain, I got my TT home and before the first trip the window gasket fell out. On the first trip the toilet leaked. On the third trip one of the drawers fell apart. Even though it wasn't exactly cheap it's not a high end TT and it's well worth what we payed for it. No matter what you buy it will have issues from time to time. I work an
extremely high stress job. The TT is my escape it's the best money I've ever spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #17

We had a T26tBSS for just over a year before going to a class A motorhome, We didn't have any problems with it. My only negative would be if you pull over some where so someone can go to the bathroom you have to slide the slide out to be able to open the bathroom door, (my DW has severe stomach problems and we found we had to get her back to the bathroom a few times while traveling and this is why we went to the motorhome. I made several mods to ours (personal choice stuff) didn't care for the tires so went with mag wheels and E rated tires.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #18
MCTroy

I can't comment on the TT, but we have dealt with Arbogast in troy, oh. Do not let then rush you. Instead of a thorough walk threw, PDI, we had a rushed 20 minutes. They said we had a similar TT so no need to review everything, and the warranty would cover ANYTHING that was wrong... Not. But we have been lucky and nothing major with our Windjammer. They're service after the sale has been average. Seems they have a hard time keeping a decent service manager.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:30 AM   #19

Wow, lots of replies! Thank you so much everyone! I'm sure you all have been through what I'm going through now and I listen to anything and everything said. Thanks again!

Our salesmen really seemed to rush things and I do not like that. He was not knowledgeable about my tow vehicle which is a 2014 silverado 1500 with 3.08 gears,tow rating being 6600 which really sucks, but can still do the job. (Plan on getting 3.42 gears to get 9600# rating). But he just said to keep it under 6k dry weight which it is, but still seemed kinda dumb. And he's supposed to call today and set things up to buy it. From all the responses I've received I would purchase it in a heartbeat, but damn he seems shady. Not to mention the wife hates the idea of a 12 year loan. We'd obviously pay more but just the thought is crazy.

And mctroy, was it bad service or anything. I'm from Bradford which really makes me want to buy from there since it's convienetely close, but if service is not great I will go elsewhere..
Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 AM   #20

Do not let the salesman drive the sale. You are the one putting down the money and will be the one with the TT once the sale is made. All the salesman wants to do is get your signature...it's their job. Overall, they are not looking out for you, but looking to move product.

I would not sign and take delivery until you are happy, and most importantly, comfortable with the sale. He will push and push, but you have to push back. Please make sure that you have a full pre delivery inspection done and if he balks, push back and be willing to walk away. You have a vested interested in the sale in that you are going to be the one in possession of the camper after all is said and done. The Salesman does not, you are another number that will go on his monthly sales statistics chart.

Also, if you are not happy with the salesman, ask for another. But above all, be willing to walk away. Sorry, I just hate pushy sales people and it still sounds as though you are not comfortable with the sale. You need to be before signing the docs.

Tags
26tbss, forest river, wildwood