Old 10-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #1

AC leaking 2017 Wildwood X Lite FS 196BH travel trailer

I've been have an issue with the AC unit leaking inside the camper. at first i thought it was because it was a very windy day and the wind was coming from that side and blowing the condensate back into the camper. But then it happened twice more on a calm and mostly windless days. anyone have this issue? and what did you do to correct it?

the unit is a wall mount one above the dinette. so it leaks on the table during the day and my girlfriends son at night.

also, the vents won't move up and down, so the AC just blows straight out or up. i can't get them to go down and i don't want to break them so i didn't try to force them.

2017 Wildwood X Lite FS 196BH travel trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac unit.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	154488   Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_201610250422373288665394.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	154489  

CJDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with that particular setup. But, try to find the condensate drain near the evaporator. Something is blocking it. Or, the condensate tray that catches the water has a hole/crack in it.
If you can't find the problem yourself and remedy it, then call the dealer for a warranty fix.

otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #3

Yep, you need to be sure to have the side the AC is on slightly tilted so the condensate will drain out of AC. In other words the AC side needs slightly lower than the entrance door side. With trailer sitting perfectly level the water will not drain outside. Don’t ask me how I know !! Also you will soon find out that the AC will not cool well s it is in a box and has NO way to pull in air at sides like it would if it was installed in a window of a house. The AC you have us just a window unit for a house that has been installed in the side of your TT and since it can’t stick out the side they mount it in a box built between the cabinets. There is a metal tray that it sits on or in depending how you want to look at it and it has no way for the air to be pulled in the sides to help cool the evaporator. In three seasons I went through 3 AC units. They just work them self’s to death and overheat. Poor design at best. Try to always find a shaded spot if possible for the AC side as if the sun is beating on the evaporate coil it makes unit work extra hard too. Sorry for rant, but I been through this too many times. I finally just bought a new TT with a roof AC and got rid of that headache !!
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #4

His A/C is side mounted? Isn't that what I see roof mounted in the photo above?
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #5

I have seen some post on this exact issue. What was found by others is that the drip pan was not properly installed so that it would drip outside. The fix was to remove the A/C unit and adjust the pan to a proper place. You may want to search for those post.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
His A/C is side mounted? Isn't that what I see roof mounted in the photo above?

Donít you see the pic of AC unit between cabinets ?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
I have seen some post on this exact issue. What was found by others is that the drip pan was not properly installed so that it would drip outside. The fix was to remove the A/C unit and adjust the pan to a proper place. You may want to search for those post.

Yep, very poor design. Many Utube posts on this and the damage resulting in said poor design and installation. Par for the coarse.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #8

I have the same set up, and I have no leakage problems at all. We ran the unit this weekend. My wife had set up with the front end too high. I leveled it, and discovered the pan had been holding quite a bit of water. It never leaked inside however.

Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, lite, trailer, travel, travel trailer, wildwood