Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #1

Another Mattress Question???

The short queen mattress that came with our T25RKS trailer is horrible... I am a large man (250 lbs) and after spending a week on the factory included mattress I began to feel the springs through the fabric... We put a foam topper on the mattress and it helped for a while but now the springs are making their presence known... It is time to find a replacement... Foam or springs ??? Anyone have any experience replacing their factory included mattress with something else?? Recommendations?? Thoughts ??? Comments ???
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #2

Couldn't agree with you more on the factory mattress. We added a 3 in memory foam but haven't gotten to go out and try it yet. Will know more the last week of march as we plan to go to Kerrville. Good luck!
dilgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Our original mattress was horrible too. We replaced it with a custom-sized mattress from The Original Mattress Factory. They sized it exactly for our under-sized King; 74X72. An added benefit was the mattress is "hinged" so that it was easier to get into the trailer.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #4

Memory Foam

I agree the mattress was horrible! We bought a king size memory foam with a feather topper from Kohls and have been so happy with it! Makes a world of difference!
RJKR is offline   Reply With Quote