Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 10:09 AM   #21

Thanks.

The trailer weighs just over 4500lbs and the tow capacity is 6500 on my vehicle so I should have a 2000lb payload limit when towing. Not that I would typically ever get close to that.
gclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by contourcrazy View Post
Ours was the last 2016 of that model that they had w/ the outdoor kitchen. To get the best deals you have to go the Lrgest RV dealer you can find because they buy such numbers to give you the best pricing.
Do you use the kitchen much? We would've liked that feature I think.
gclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:41 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to contourcrazy
Absolutely. We use it all the time. It keeps the mess out of the camper and since the sink in it isn't plumbed into the gray tank it saves space in the tank.
contourcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #24

Well the 261 is home, pulls pretty well, I can tell it's back there. During the walk through the remote would not work the lights they had to Change the brains for the light strip. All and all I am pleased, first trip is this weekend. It is lot different than our pop up. Another learning curve.
phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnewvine View Post
I have a 2016 261bhxl. We love it. Tows real nice. We have had it for about two months and only had some minor things that need to be fixed.
What minor things were fixed, any issues lately?[emoji102]
Old 02-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclark View Post
Just bought a 261xl from Holman in Batavia, OH. First time owner. It took five hours for the walkthrough and fixes. The remote was not working the front jacks and they literally had to rewire some of the electronics to fix it. Another light in the back was not working because it was not wired correctly either. Perhaps the forest river electrician had a bad day? After I got home I lifted up the bunk mattress (trying to find the water heater) to notice the two pieces of plywood weren't level with each other because a vertical trim piece was cut crooked and pushed up one of the flat plywood pieces a 1/2 inch or so... so I took it out and cut it into a straight line... problem fixed. The first time I noticed the floor material was when I was vacuuming and notice the floor was more like a thin paper/plastic material. I like the looks, hope it is durable enough.

I have a couple questions if any other owners are able to answer:
Did your trailer come with any documentation on the radio/CD player? Can the speakers be hooked into a TV when installed? Does your remote work well? You have to be within arms reach of my radio for my remote to work which is pointless for having a remote. I didn't get documentation of any kind so I'm wondering how some of the features like BT work.
Has anyone hooked up a 2" hitch to the bumper for a bike rack. I was told it had a 300lbs limit but a sticker on the bumper says not to attach anything to it.

I'm hauling with a Toyota Sequoia with a 6500lb max tow limit. I was nervous about that but with the new husky round bar sway control it tows nicely... by that I mean I don't have to put both hands on the wheel when a semi passes me, it handles nicely. But I can feel it back there. Looking forward to our first trip in September at Deer Creek. Can't wait for campfire weather!
Gclark you asked about the radio remote, mine sucks as well. The out side light strip remote doesn't work again, was replaced the day we picked it up. No paper work for the radio, and can't seem to find any info online, I will keep you posted.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip252 View Post
What minor things were fixed, any issues lately?[emoji102]
Had the kitchen sink replaced due to scratches in it from installation same thing with one wall panel in the bathroom,had to have the rear stabilizer jack motor replaced, the black tank level indicator wiring redone,a speaker replaced, and that is pretty much it.
Jnewvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #28
3boxerss

We purchased the Wildwood 201BHXL in September. Only had her out once but really like it.. WE tow with a 2016 Ford F250.
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #29
3boxerss

radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclark View Post
Just bought a 261xl from Holman in Batavia, OH. First time owner. It took five hours for the walkthrough and fixes. The remote was not working the front jacks and they literally had to rewire some of the electronics to fix it. Another light in the back was not working because it was not wired correctly either. Perhaps the forest river electrician had a bad day? After I got home I lifted up the bunk mattress (trying to find the water heater) to notice the two pieces of plywood weren't level with each other because a vertical trim piece was cut crooked and pushed up one of the flat plywood pieces a 1/2 inch or so... so I took it out and cut it into a straight line... problem fixed. The first time I noticed the floor material was when I was vacuuming and notice the floor was more like a thin paper/plastic material. I like the looks, hope it is durable enough.

I have a couple questions if any other owners are able to answer:
Did your trailer come with any documentation on the radio/CD player? Can the speakers be hooked into a TV when installed? Does your remote work well? You have to be within arms reach of my radio for my remote to work which is pointless for having a remote. I didn't get documentation of any kind so I'm wondering how some of the features like BT work.
Has anyone hooked up a 2" hitch to the bumper for a bike rack. I was told it had a 300lbs limit but a sticker on the bumper says not to attach anything to it.

I'm hauling with a Toyota Sequoia with a 6500lb max tow limit. I was nervous about that but with the new husky round bar sway control it tows nicely... by that I mean I don't have to put both hands on the wheel when a semi passes me, it handles nicely. But I can feel it back there. Looking forward to our first trip in September at Deer Creek. Can't wait for campfire weather!
On our 2017 Wildwood 201bhxl the radio brand says drive model EEDV06 and I have the little instruction booklet. I can copy it and email it to you. .. send me a pm..
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #30

Here is a manual for the drive player. Found this on line
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EEDV06-Owners-Manual.pdf (866.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 02-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #31

Just bought a 2012 261BHXL in immaculate condition. Tow with RAM 1500 5.7. Is there a manual over ride for the electric awning?
2009 Ram 2500 5.7/3:73
cmac7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #32

Was cleaning camper today, and noticed a piece of trim molding at the back of the range that is just laying there. Should this be fixed in place? What does yours look like?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac7203 View Post
Just bought a 2012 261BHXL in immaculate condition. Tow with RAM 1500 5.7. Is there a manual over ride for the electric awning?
I will check tomorrow, I don't remember any mention of a manual over ride.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #34

Thanks. It would be a drag to get it extended and then stuck in that position.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Unless I totally missed it, I did not see a manual over ride for the awning. Now I'm concerned that if I have my awning out, and something happens how do I get it back in. Will have to dig deeper on this issue. I will keep you informed.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #36

Quote:
Forget my last post, found this online see if works for your awning. Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.PNG
Views:	134
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	129840
Old 02-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #37

I will check this weekend when I head up to see the trailer. I will let you know.